Moonlight on SyFy - next marathon November 10, 2011

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Moonlight on Sci Fi

Post by wpgrace »

skyeeblue wrote:

You know its strange I thought it was not going to bother me much and then I watched Fever and started crying and did not watch anymore of the episodes.
I hope Scifi will advertise the DVD set!
Anyway you are so lucky they have not bothered you but one.
Everybody's different, Sky... We can only do what we can do. And I guess I am lucky I can watch them.

I would enjoy more watching NEW ones, but that ship has sailed. And I'm telling ya, that voice. I gotta hear that voice every now and then...

I LOVE reading the fanfics, love them... but sometimes I gotta actually hear the voice. It's even more the voice the lovely moving picture...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I still get teary over "Love Remains the Same." Maybe I always will. It took me a long time to be comfortable watching full episodes again. I would watch individual scenes, trying to get a voice right or checking on a detail for a story, but I didn't want to watch whole eps. I still haven't watched any of the last 4 episodes since the series was canceled.

But now I have the DVD, and I'm giving myself an ep every day or two, in glorious high definition, on my hubby's lovely 42" flat screen TV. Oh. Joy. *THUD*

It's really nice to watch them again. Reeeeeeeally good. Sky, try starting with Episode 1. Fever is too emotionally wrenching. Start with the excitement and mystery and intrigue. See what happens. If you just can't, then don't. But you might find that you're able to watch them starting from Episode 1. I'll hold your hand, virtually speaking... (((Sky)))

And uh... yeah, I guess I'm just a little Moonlight-obsessed. Every day (since I joined the project in June), I wake up in the morning, boot up the computer, and login to Facebook as Beth so I can wake her up. Every night just before I go to sleep, I put her to bed. I feel like I'm keeping her alive... she's my own private Moonlight Tamogotchi. :roll:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

allegrita wrote:I still get teary over "Love Remains the Same." Maybe I always will. It took me a long time to be comfortable watching full episodes again. I would watch individual scenes, trying to get a voice right or checking on a detail for a story, but I didn't want to watch whole eps. I still haven't watched any of the last 4 episodes since the series was canceled.

But now I have the DVD, and I'm giving myself an ep every day or two, in glorious high definition, on my hubby's lovely 42" flat screen TV. Oh. Joy. *THUD*

It's really nice to watch them again. Reeeeeeeally good. Sky, try starting with Episode 1. Fever is too emotionally wrenching. Start with the excitement and mystery and intrigue. See what happens. If you just can't, then don't. But you might find that you're able to watch them starting from Episode 1. I'll hold your hand, virtually speaking... (((Sky)))

And uh... yeah, I guess I'm just a little Moonlight-obsessed. Every day (since I joined the project in June), I wake up in the morning, boot up the computer, and login to Facebook as Beth so I can wake her up. Every night just before I go to sleep, I put her to bed. I feel like I'm keeping her alive... she's my own private Moonlight Tamogotchi. :roll:

*hugs Alle*

And you know, those of YOU who do write the fanfic made it much easier on those of US who read it... so...

*hugs Alle again*

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Aww...thanks Grace! *hugs Grace a lot*
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

I'm so excited that Moonlight is on tonight. I wish it was epi one but whatever. Everybody I talked to today I told about Moonlight being on SciFi. You'd be suprised how many people didn't know and were pleased that I mentioned it. :D
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

They didn't cut anything out!! YAY!!

Yes, I teared up at the end...sigh....I love this show more than I can express into words.
*Christy*

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Wasn't it kinda surreal watching it tho?

Knowing it was a different channel? Hopefully a new audience, but still this is all there is?

I found it weirdly surreal.

Plus it wasn't in HD... which my Unbox eps are and the DVD is... so it looked way different.

But sigh, IT WAS ON TV AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

It was wonderful. So good to see it back on TV. Here's hoping new fans find it. :D
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

wpgrace wrote:Wasn't it kinda surreal watching it tho?

Knowing it was a different channel? Hopefully a new audience, but still this is all there is?

I found it weirdly surreal.

Plus it wasn't in HD... which my Unbox eps are and the DVD is... so it looked way different.

But sigh, IT WAS ON TV AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It may have been surreal, but the sound of Mick St. John's voice was heavenly....

My heart was breaking with the end....it amazes me how the music in the series heightened the scene.

But yes, Grace, it was on TV again!!!!!!
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

wondergirl9847 wrote:HAPPY MOONLIGHT DAY!!

I just emailed everyone I could think of to let them know the show is back on tonight. Hope they actually sit down and watch it.
\

scratches head, looks around...no e-mail visited me today.....

I did just finish watching it. OMG, you forget how gorgeous he is..and that voice!
It was very poignant, watching on tv again..but I actually did better than I thought..I've not watched my recordings hardly at all, just too sad...but I got my DVD's the other day, so that's all good.
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Forgot that it was on, until there were only about 10 minutes left, and oh, what a wonderful 10 minutes those were.
Him carrying her out of the car, the fight scene with Coraline, the hug between Mick and Beth at the end. If that wasn't enough to remind me how great this show was, there was his face, with that glorious voice, and don't even get me started on the locks of hair falling over his forehead.

Stupid, stupid powers-that-be, they well and truly screwed up. But thank goodness for Sci-Fi and the dvd set. Off to Target tomorrow to purchase a few!
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Just got done watching Moonlight about 2 hours ago. It was surreal, I agree. I also found it to be a bittersweet experience. I loved seeing it on tv again, but 16 episodes and it will be over again! :cry:

mitzie

P.S. I thank my lucky stars for all the wonderful and extraordinary fanfic writers.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

How many times have I watched this ep and I never noticed that the music that plays during Mick and Coraline's fight is the same as the music that plays over the credits at the end of every episode!!!

You discover something new about Moonlight even after all this time. *sigh*
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

allegrita wrote:How many times have I watched this ep and I never noticed that the music that plays during Mick and Coraline's fight is the same as the music that plays over the credits at the end of every episode!!!

You discover something new about Moonlight even after all this time. *sigh*

I'm not sure I knew that... another excuse to watch it again... sigh.

MSJ_sunglasses
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MSJ_sunglasses »

It was strange to be watching Moonlight 'on TV' again but great at the same time.

As Sci-Fi have been so kind to show Moonlight I thought I'd return the favour and watch Stark Trek and Invasion too. I'm not really into ST but it was OK whereas Invasion was a lot better, imho. Did anyone else spot the Moonlight connection in Invasion? The character of Larkin Groves is played by Lisa Sheridan who will be in this Friday's Out of the Past as Julia Stevens, author of Wronged Man.

Can't wait for Friday and Mick's woeful "please don't look at me" near the end. Sorry Mick, we can't help it! :lol:

Return to “100% Moonlight”