Moonlight on SyFy - next marathon November 10, 2011

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Re: Moonlight on Sci Fi

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

I gotta think that those are pretty strong numbers. It was the first week on, I would anticipate the viewership going up. Even someone like me, who is pretty ML obsessed, forgot that it was on Friday!! Imagine the folks who watched it last week, who will turn in this week, then tell their friends, who will tell their friends.......
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

I bought my DVD set from Amazon, so no squeeing in public (but in my home...yeah!! LOL), but I did email all my friends/family to watch the show. A couple of people emailed me back saying they'd either watch or DVR it, so YAY. :D
*Christy*

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

That's the spirit, wondergirl!!

Not one female that I have turned on to this show, has been disappointed with it.
After watching it, they all "get it."
SirenSong
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SirenSong »

Just an FYI....it seems the original source I got some of the viewership numbers from was incorrect. Invasion had 830,000 viewers, not the 627,000 originally posted. It's better, but certainly not great.

Looking through other cable results, here's a few numbers to use for comparison purposes:

WWE Entertainment -- 6.165 million
Burn Notice -- 5.124
Monk -- 4.969 (Friday night 9PM opposite ML)
NCIS (USA network) -- 4.793
Psych -- 3.831 (Friday night 10PM)

Most of the big numbers other than what's listed above come from cable news shows.
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

wondergirl9847 wrote:I bought my DVD set from Amazon, so no squeeing in public (but in my home...yeah!! LOL), but I did email all my friends/family to watch the show. A couple of people emailed me back saying they'd either watch or DVR it, so YAY. :D
I emailed everyone on my list as well..also, if you have the means, I suggest donating an extra DVD set to your public library. Mine was thrilled to have it and it has already been checked out! Maybe we'll get a few more bites.. :lol: :lol:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Josefismysire wrote:
wondergirl9847 wrote:I bought my DVD set from Amazon, so no squeeing in public (but in my home...yeah!! LOL), but I did email all my friends/family to watch the show. A couple of people emailed me back saying they'd either watch or DVR it, so YAY. :D
I emailed everyone on my list as well..also, if you have the means, I suggest donating an extra DVD set to your public library. Mine was thrilled to have it and it has already been checked out! Maybe we'll get a few more bites.. :lol: :lol:
I ordered one for the library. The NYC library system is not taking book/dvd donations at this time but Brooklyn library system where I live says they are.

So we will see.
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

cassysj wrote:
Josefismysire wrote:
I ordered one for the library. The NYC library system is not taking book/dvd donations at this time but Brooklyn library system where I live says they are.

So we will see.
WTG Carol!! :D :D
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Josefismysire wrote:
cassysj wrote:
Josefismysire wrote:

So we will see.
WTG Carol!! :D :D
Cool! More converts and a tax deduction.
*continues randomly stopping into DVD stores asking for Moonlight*
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
laurapesada
Fledgling

Post by laurapesada »

The SciFi Numbers for the 30th are here,

Moonlight got a few more viewers this week , and , Batt. Galact. lost some viewers ,even with an original episode. Invasion at 8 PM lost viewers too.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/02/03/th ... wing/12066

Batt. Galat........1,560 (this week)..............1,717 (last weekk)
Moonlight..........1,199 (this week).............1,166 (last week)
Invasion.............656.000 (this week)..........830.000 (last week)

Not great great , but seeing the numbers for Bat. Galact. I guess it could be worst. After all I am sure sciFi is spending more money in Bat. Galact than the money they spent for Moonlight reruns.
So, only ML got more viewers this Friday at SciFi , the others 2 shows lost them.
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

I'm ecstatic we got more viewers (surprised that BSG lost viewers! It's their last season), but I still cannot take the Nielsen rating system seriously. It's the biggest joke EVER.
*Christy*

MSJ_sunglasses
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MSJ_sunglasses »

Apologies if this has been posted in another thread (can be deleted if so), but our beloved show doesn't appear to be in the charts this week according to this site :?: :?

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/02/10/mo ... more-12499
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

MSJ_sunglasses wrote:Apologies if this has been posted in another thread (can be deleted if so), but our beloved show doesn't appear to be in the charts this week according to this site :?: :?

It went down below 340 K? That seems impossible... do they only count first runs in this system?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
VampFan5
Rogue vampire

Post by VampFan5 »

wpgrace wrote:
MSJ_sunglasses wrote:Apologies if this has been posted in another thread (can be deleted if so), but our beloved show doesn't appear to be in the charts this week according to this site :?: :?

It went down below 340 K? That seems impossible... do they only count first runs in this system?
I'm confused. Why is Moonlight not listed? Does this mean that no one was watching it? I find it hard to believe that it was below 343K from being up the week before.

VampFan5
Travis and the Tar Pit Tails.....a story by VampFan5
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

I checked a few other sites, ones that gave me the ratings for the first 2 airings, and no new ratings were listed for last week's ep. It seems really strange, since they gained over 30,000 viewers between weeks 1 and 2, that they would lose so many between 2 and 3. Anyone have any other sites that we can get confirmation on?
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Thank you Laura for finding this!! Ratings went up!! :cheer: Can't wait to see the ratings for Fever and after.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/02/11/ex ... -may/12688

As somewhat of an aside, we get a lot of yakking in the comments about how you don’t need 100 episodes to get into syndication. And it’s true, obviously. Shows like Moonlight (which got 1.262 million viewers last Friday night, SciFi’s ninth highest ranked show for the week) and Jericho obviously made their way into the wild with much fewer than 100 episodes.
*Christy*

Return to “100% Moonlight”