SFX magazine doing a Moonlight ep guide with Alex comments

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: SFX magazine doing a Moonlight ep guide with Alex comments

Post by wpgrace »

I'm glad to see the topic back too, coco, cause it gives us all another chance to thank you, so much, for taking the time to post his commentary. THE disappointment with the ML DVD, grateful as we all are to have it, is that the Alex-commentary that someone had once promised, dematerialized.

And since he kinda made the show, his thoughts on his own character have always been a wonder... and Bob bless him, he was willing to just say what he thought instead of hedging and worrying about being politically correct. Don't know if that's an Aussie thing, or just an Alex thing, but gotta love that!

And I too think he was a fan of both of Mick's romances... he liked em both cause he likes drama. His interviews, even now, he always talks about what works for DRAMA. The Cora story, love her or hate her or neutral, is very drama-filled; for Alex, as an an actor and someone trained at NIDA, he realizes the power of it. The MB story would be less rich without Coraline.

He is smart and he is thinking his way thru THIS role, as we have read he also does with other of his roles. Didn't someone write that he had suggestions to make about Stan on BUP? I think he just likes to really internalize his characters rather than just, unthinking, recite lines from a script. Gotta love THAT too.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

wpgrace wrote:
And I too think he was a fan of both of Mick's romances... he liked em both cause he likes drama. His interviews, even now, he always talks about what works for DRAMA. The Cora story, love her or hate her or neutral, is very drama-filled; for Alex, as an an actor and someone trained at NIDA, he realizes the power of it. The MB story would be less rich without Coraline.
ITA Grace. Coraline added a great deal to the M/B storyline just as Beth added a lot to the Mick/Morgan dynamic and Alex recognised that and loved all the dramatic aspects that brought to Mick. The comments back all that up.

Just makes me love him all the more as he brought us Mick and as much as I love the other characters he's portrayed, nothing touches Mick. :heart:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:rolling: :rolling:

We're not prejudiced AT ALL, are we, coco???? :giggle:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

wpgrace wrote::rolling: :rolling:

We're not prejudiced AT ALL, are we, coco???? :giggle:
:rolling: :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Thanks again coco, this very extremely nice of you to type in all the comments.

I think Alex recognised the need for there to be tension between the Mick / Cora relationship and the Mick / Beth story. I think it just made for good on screen drama and his comments in SFX reflect this. Also keep in mind the Noir thread woven thru all of this. Happy ever after doesn't happen. Mick is a doomed character, victimized by women. He is a product of fate, tangled into a web he isn't getting out of. :dracula:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

My plan for this afternoon? Sitting outside on our deck reading/savoring the SFX ML article.

Sounds like a good plan for a sunny Sunday!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

The commentaries are now available online. Thanks to francis for the link: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4640

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “100% Moonlight”