Countdown to DVD day

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Countdown to DVD day

Post by cassysj »

librarian_7 wrote:
moonlight_vixen wrote:
cassysj wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Thanks everyone. :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: And Mick will be at my beck and call??? :thud:
Yes he will! :cheer: :cheer: Isn't it exciting!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: I love to have Josef at my beck and call. :cheering: :cheering: :groupwave:
Right now, the only satisfaction in my life is the sheer fact that I have Josef at my beck and call! So Phee, never fear. Mick is at your beck and call for as long as you want him to be! :thumbs:
Wait a minute, when Josef's voice in my head says, "Okay, babe, you need to see the red room scene (or insert Josef scene of your choice here) RIGHT NOW," does that mean he's at my beck and call? Somehow it seems more like the other way around. Not that I'm complaining.

Lucky
In those circumstances Lucky, you're at Josef's beck and call. I didn't have a lot of the episodes until the dvds so when I decide to watch Josef he's at my beck and call. Or he's subconsciously ordering me to watch. Hmmmm
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Phoenix wrote:Hey ladies, I sat down to watch NSTAV and stayed to watch OOTP and DF. :whistle: OMG, the difference between the DVD's and the normal TV broadcast is amazing. The quality of the sound and vision is so much better; I heard and saw things I hadn't before.

And I definitely have to watch all 16 eps before I write another word of fic. :blushing:

Halfway through OOTP, I realized that I was grinning and crying at the same time ... and I'm so grateful that it's safe to admit that here. :grouphug:
:yahoo: Congratulations Phee!! Soooo happy for you! And, yes! Safe to admit that here..I think all of us have done just that..I still do... :giggle:
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Don't you just love all of us?!?! Could there be a more supportive group of people out there? I think not!
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Moonlight fans are a special breed. :groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave:

Today, I watched the first four eps. It's amazing to see them on a decent size screen again. I had forgotten so much, like how expressive Mick is when in motion. (Too much time spent staring at screencaps.) :slaphead: With the better quality sound, I was able to hear things I haven't heard before, (both dialogue and sound effects). :thumbs:

It's all so familiar, but new at the same time. :?
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

That is the best part, Phee---not just the revisiting of the characters, but all the little things that you pick up each and every time you watch it. Hmmm, I just may have to pop in an ep today--in solidarity with you, of course!!
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:That is the best part, Phee---not just the revisiting of the characters, but all the little things that you pick up each and every time you watch it. Hmmm, I just may have to pop in an ep today--in solidarity with you, of course!!
Fleur, you are soooo selfless that way. Keeping me company from the other side of the world. :hug:

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Well, y'know, it's a tough job. A huge sacrifice, but--life is hard sometimes.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Oh Phee... wait til you see The Ringer again... I just watched that one last night... Oh! ANd BC is currently up for ep discussion with The Ringer coming up... so do watch those so you can come gab with us!!!!!!!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

wpgrace wrote:Oh Phee... wait til you see The Ringer again... I just watched that one last night... Oh! ANd BC is currently up for ep discussion with The Ringer coming up... so do watch those so you can come gab with us!!!!!!!
The next four are coming up after I've had some sleep. AD is next, (I think). Looking forward to joining the ep discussion this week. :thumbs:

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

It's so wonderful that we all still get such a thrill from this show... and P, I am so, so happy for you that you finally get to see Mick and the gang in all their glory. I look forward to seeing you in the episode discussion threads!!

:heart:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

redwinter101 wrote:It's so wonderful that we all still get such a thrill from this show... and P, I am so, so happy for you that you finally get to see Mick and the gang in all their glory. I look forward to seeing you in the episode discussion threads!!

:heart:

Red
:hug: Thank you. And with The Ringer coming up for discussion, I'll be joining in at just the right time. :yes:

lafluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by lafluffy »

Phoenix wrote:Thanks everyone. :ghug:

If anyone needs me in the next hour or so, I'll be downstairs with Mick in the no-star motel. :whistle:
Speaking of the no-star motel, like you I'm seeing it on the big screen with great sound (previously a 14 incher).

I am so freaking CHUFFED when I see locations that my BFF lighterthanair and I scouted out (this was pre-con). Went to the desert and walked around the motel and restaurant and inside. Wowowow. Stood in the same doorway as Mick did. Sat at the bar at Greene's, walked along the pier. Among a lot of other things. That added layer just makes it all the more real and exciting! I love the clarity of the big screen! I had missed so many details and nuances before. I can so relate to what you are experiencing. :champs:
lafluffy, Queen of the Damned Fluffies
........................Image
.......................Fabulous screencap by the ever fabulous lighterthanair.
Lullani
Freelance freshie

Post by Lullani »

Phoenix, when you watch the Ringer, you might want to be sure and have an oxygen tank close at hand. You simply won't be able to breathe it is so good. :giggle:
Fantastic avi by TugaFanatic. Gorgeous banner by Cassysj.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

All living vicariously thru you now Phee... wanting to hear about your experiences being re-introduced to our boys and girls... :clapping:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

lafluffy wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Thanks everyone. :ghug:

If anyone needs me in the next hour or so, I'll be downstairs with Mick in the no-star motel. :whistle:
Speaking of the no-star motel, like you I'm seeing it on the big screen with great sound (previously a 14 incher).

I am so freaking CHUFFED when I see locations that my BFF lighterthanair and I scouted out (this was pre-con). Went to the desert and walked around the motel and restaurant and inside. Wowowow. Stood in the same doorway as Mick did. Sat at the bar at Greene's, walked along the pier. Among a lot of other things. That added layer just makes it all the more real and exciting! I love the clarity of the big screen! I had missed so many details and nuances before. I can so relate to what you are experiencing. :champs:
Oh, lafluffy, you must be getting such a kick out of seeing all the places you've actually been to. :yahoo:
Lullani wrote:Phoenix, when you watch the Ringer, you might want to be sure and have an oxygen tank close at hand. You simply won't be able to breathe it is so good. :giggle:
Noted. Thanks, Lullani. :hug:
wpgrace wrote:All living vicariously thru you now Phee... wanting to hear about your experiences being re-introduced to our boys and girls... :clapping:
It's been so long since I've watched any of the eps on TV - and even then, the video tapes were badly worn - it's amazing to see them again. And with the DVD's, the difference in audio and visual quality is astonishing. :cheer: I am seeing and hearing things that I literally never saw or heard before. The unborn-baby's heartbeat in Fever. All of the dialogue when Josef was complaining about the non-fat soy vegan blood. The subtlety of Mick's expressions. Plus, I'd forgotten so much about the relationships as presented in the show, (after reading so much fan fic). I'm so familiar with the screencaps but have forgotten so much about what was happening during the scene to bring on certain expressions. It's like meeting up with good friends after a painfully long separation...

Return to “100% Moonlight”