Favourite Episode

PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Favourite Episode

Post by PNWgal »

Wow...it really is hard to choose my favorite.

I fell in love with Mick in the 80's flashback in Out of the Past, and I fell in love with Alex in the ending scene. I'm CRAZY for anything that has to do with Mick's past, so I love The Ringer. What's Left Behind gave me WWII Mick, so I love that ep as well.

But if I have to pick an overall favorite, it would be B.C. It had everything for me...a little bit of a lighter side of Mick, FANTASTIC Mick-Josef interactions, Beth at her pushiest, and well...that shower scene. :melts: Plus, it had Lola, who I ADORED and wished they hadn't killed off - I would have loved to see her come back. That scene where she and Mick are circling each other with Beth in the middle is just so cool - two predators facing off over the human.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

I guess I'm in the same boat of how do you choose? I see Moonlight as ONE epic 16 chapter story. I find when I try to tell someone new to check it out I immediately mash every episode in to one 15-30 min monologue jumping from favorite seen to favorite seen.

NSTAV The way Mick looks at Beth in person for the first...er..second time they met, the hug felt around the world.
OoTP The last 15 min of holding my breath
Dr Feelgood Vampire 101 learning what dose and doesn't kill a Vampire etc
Fever Mick's physical vulnerability as he tries to be the hero
AD The Roller coaster fight and the First Kiss
BC Everything A-Z, ( Oh there you have it this must be my favorite)
The Ringer Coraline is not dead or is she and Mick is suddenly not in control of his world.
12:04 am Mick still being the hero but in the end still feeling unworthy...that seen on the balcony made me yell at him "Mick! Let her LOVE YOU!"
FDL Morgan is Coraline! nuf said.
SB Learning the real reason why Josef is on Mick about falling in love with a mortal...yet the realization if not for becoming a Vampire they would not have lived long enough to meet their true love.
LLF Once again everything A-Z an intense emotional roller coaster
TMC Mick finally getting the cure and being a bit elated by the physical pain that goes with it. What the heck he's been in emotional pain all along why not.
FTP I loved how different Mick looked and acted as a human but I was heartbroken when he had to give it up..."he has MY Beth" ♥ Best Returning scene ever conceived!
Click Most people didn't like this one but I found it fun and snarky Mick and Josef (step-sire), Lost Boys on the roof and Josef was beautiful when he pend the "secret" between himself and Beth.
WLB Love this one from A-Z as well Mick possibly having a son but sadly not to be true. "Elliot?" really Beth?
Sonata A great look at the Vampire world Mick has been trying to get Beth to understand it's not for humans but still wants her to be part of it. Best last line ever......
"Because I love you" ♥

Yep can't really pick just one...sorry to cop out but I love Moonlight as a whole and always will. :heart:
Last edited by kath40 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

kath...that is so awesome. :hug:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Awwwh, Kath!!!!!! :rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
hope
Kostan Industries intern

Post by hope »

I've never posted before on this site, but I just want to jump in on this one. I too loved Sleeping Beauty, for several reasons.

I did give us a deeper understanding of Josef and his lost love was heartbreaking. Yes, we saw that there were real emotions buried underneath the layers of snark and they were still raw, even after all those years. As far as Mick and Beth went, it brought about a new understanding to both of them I believe; each coming to realize how much the other meant to them. Josh's statement to Beth, 'look me in the eyes and tell me you don't have feelings for Mick St.John' I think made her open her eyes to what was right in front of her and had been for awhile. But I also think that seeing Sarah like that made her afraid and caught between the emotions of love and protecting herself.

Thank you for the opportunity to jump in here ladies!
Thank you Moonlightlover60 for my awesome banner!!

Man Plans, the Gods Laugh
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Beautiful, kath... :rose: :hearts: :hankie: :cloud9: I think you've encapsulated what we all feel. Each episode is wonderful, and each one is just a part of the wonderful gestalt of Moonlight the series. It was too short, it was flawed, but it was so amazingly great for so many reasons.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

hope wrote:I've never posted before on this site, but I just want to jump in on this one. I too loved Sleeping Beauty, for several reasons.

I did give us a deeper understanding of Josef and his lost love was heartbreaking. Yes, we saw that there were real emotions buried underneath the layers of snark and they were still raw, even after all those years. As far as Mick and Beth went, it brought about a new understanding to both of them I believe; each coming to realize how much the other meant to them. Josh's statement to Beth, 'look me in the eyes and tell me you don't have feelings for Mick St.John' I think made her open her eyes to what was right in front of her and had been for awhile. But I also think that seeing Sarah like that made her afraid and caught between the emotions of love and protecting herself.

Thank you for the opportunity to jump in here ladies!
Hope, what a great place to make your very first post! :hearts: I hope it's the first of many. :ghug: I love your comment about Sleeping Beauty... there were so many things in that episode that I love, and you've mentioned a whole lot of them. :heart:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

It's so good to hear from you, Hope! :hug: And I agree with everything you said about SB. :flowers:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
hope
Kostan Industries intern

Post by hope »

Thank you ladies! I hope to continue to jump in from time to time. You've made me feel really welcome.
Thank you Moonlightlover60 for my awesome banner!!

Man Plans, the Gods Laugh
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Welcome Hope :hug: I totally agree with your thoughts on SB there was so much to learn about Josef that we had yet to discover. He had 400 years of history for us to explore. Just like everyone here we felt Moonlight was just starting to grow and flourish with so many paths laid out for it to take only to be cut short. :Mickangel:
I will forever be grateful that Moonlight came into my life and continues to grow through our wonderful fanfic writers who understand what it was that we so loved about this show.
As much as I would have loved to see more Moonlight on CBS there were too many directional obstacles behind the scenes. I really would have hated them to ruin it by trying to snag the "fantasy" teen Vamp lovers with supernatural creatures popping up everywhere and straying away from the realism that was the signature mark of Moonlight. Especially without Trevor and Ron at the helm. "We live among you" not in an other word dimension. That is what made me love this show so much...that yeah my dark clothed, sun glass wearing neighbor could actually be a vampire :winky: :snicker:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:clapping: for Kath.

:wave: for hope.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “100% Moonlight”