Sharing the Moonlight

rijane
Freelance freshie

Sharing the Moonlight

Post by rijane »

My first memory of Moonlight is Alex, shirtless in the freezer.

But my first memory of the Moonlight fandom was a blood drive. During my time in the fandom, Moonlight fans have gotten together to help tsunami victims, a child with cancer, to donate their marrow, their time. Though programmers and scammers have done their best to break them, Moonlight fans have the biggest hearts I've ever seen.

We've had a rough year, but I believe that we still can do good and that we still want to.

What better good can we do than to share "Moonlight" with the world around us?

To that end, with the permission of the MLA mods, I am suggesting a donation effort.

There will be NO collection of funds or exchange of money.

This effort is entirely self-directed and self-motivated.

All you need to do is purchase a copy of the "Moonlight" DVD and donate it your local library, troops serving abroad or the nonprofit of your choice.

To find your local library, click here.

To donate to U.S. troops, send the DVDs to:

AMVETS Task Force DVD
1395 E. Dublin Granville Road #222
Columbus, OH 43229

or

DVDs4Vets
173 Halstead Avenue
Harrison , NY 10528

or

Operation Showtime
(to soldiers serving in the 173rd Airborne Brigade in Iraq)
c/o Jim Bradley
5640 Wellfield Road
New Port Richey, FL 34655

You can also donate to a domestic violence or homeless (which may add the discs to its collection for residents or use in its own fundraising programs).

If you are interested in promoting this donation effort or feel others might be, please feel free to spread it on in LiveJournals, MySpace, other fan forums, mailing lists or wherever you think people would like to do some good and shine some "Moonlight" in the world.

Any questions, PM me and I'll do my best to answer or point you in the right direction.

Thanks for your consideration!
rijane
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Sharing the Moonlight

Post by wpgrace »

Clever idea, Ri... and a very decent thing to do...

And of course our Mods and Admin agreed to this... they are good people...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

That's a wonderful and thoughtful idea! Thanks rijane.

mitzie
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Sorry, what were you saying? I was momentarily transfixed by the wonder that is Mick's bookcase. (Whichever set designer came up with that really deserves an award. Or sparkles. Or something.)

This is a lovely idea. I have donated a copy to my local library - which left them a little bemused (as ML is really unknown here) but grateful :) .

Here's a list of libraries in England: Libdex England

They have separate listings for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Or you can check your local area at www.yell.com.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

What a great idea :D .

I have one of my extra copies of the DVD to donate to my local library. I'm thinking it will be a very strange experience as ML is really unknown in Scotland, even more so in Glasgow :lol:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
rijane
Freelance freshie

Post by rijane »

Thanks for the UK help, red!

Librarians might not know ML, but I worked at my local branch all through high school and they *love* donations of new materials. This is especially the case in the states right now as libraries are facing tighter budgets and have less money for new materials acquisition.

And imagine the eyes that will see ML once it's in public libraries... ;)
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Yeah, that's actually kinda fun to contemplate... someone borrowing this DVD, not knowing what's up with it... and discovering Moonlight!

Pretty seductive scenario....
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

*bump*

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Wonderful ideas!! I donated a set to my local library and they were thrilled with it!! I had 4 employees come running to thank me..and I was so happy to tell them about the SciFi reruns!! "My" copy is already on the "hold" shelf there are so many requests!! Hoping to gain a few more newbies for the tribe!! :D (and..incidentally, it's a tax deduction too, folks!) ;)
starbucksjunkie
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Home drinking my own Starbucks and watching my DVDs. There's a recession on!

Post by starbucksjunkie »

wpgrace wrote:Yeah, that's actually kinda fun to contemplate... someone borrowing this DVD, not knowing what's up with it... and discovering Moonlight!

Pretty seductive scenario....
And then maybe discovering us. Yay! More for us! Great idea, ri. Glad to see you're still around.

"There is a degree to which . . . all literature, highbrow or low, from the Aeneid onward, is fan fiction . . . retelling and reimagining the stories that were told before us and that we have come of age loving--amateurs--we proceed, seeking out the blank places in the map that our favorite writers . . . have left for us . . ." -- Michael Chabon, Maps and Legends
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

Josefismysire wrote:Wonderful ideas!! I donated a set to my local library and they were thrilled with it!! I had 4 employees come running to thank me..and I was so happy to tell them about the SciFi reruns!! "My" copy is already on the "hold" shelf there are so many requests!! Hoping to gain a few more newbies for the tribe!! :D (and..incidentally, it's a tax deduction too, folks!) ;)
Josef would be so proud of you, sweetie!! Tax Write-Offs are always highly prized in "The Kostanverse"!! :mrgreen:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

moonlight_vixen wrote:
Josefismysire wrote:Wonderful ideas!! I donated a set to my local library and they were thrilled with it!! I had 4 employees come running to thank me..and I was so happy to tell them about the SciFi reruns!! "My" copy is already on the "hold" shelf there are so many requests!! Hoping to gain a few more newbies for the tribe!! :D (and..incidentally, it's a tax deduction too, folks!) ;)
Josef would be so proud of you, sweetie!! Tax Write-Offs are always highly prized in "The Kostanverse"!! :mrgreen:
Just takin' a page from the book of The Master.. ;)

Return to “100% Moonlight”