Watching ML with a first-timer

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Watching ML with a first-timer

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Well, an almost first-timer.

As some of you may recall (grace), I may have let slip that I would be watching ML tonight with my best friend. She had only watched the last 4 episodes, had never seen so much as a minute of the first 12. I thought that this was a travesty, as I am sure you all will agree.

To correct this egregious error, she came over tonight, and with a toast of champagne, we were off.

Let me tell you, I have never enjoyed watching ML as much as I did tonight with her. She was ecstatic over the show. I think I spent as much time viewing the screen as I did watching her facial expressions! We were only going to watch the first 3 eps, but Fever was next, and she heard me rave about that particular ep far too many times. After that, she had to see A.D.

The reason I am sharing all of this, is that it was so interesting to me to watch this show with someone who had never seen the beginning before. She gave such a fresh perspective, and reminded me of how I felt the first time these episodes captivated me. Here are some of her thoughts and reflections, and my observations, in no particular order:

First of all, the oohs and ahs for Mick increased exponentially as the episodes progressed. There was even some squirming.

Second, the scene (I think it was OotP) where Beth is in bed with Josh, but from the initial camera angle you can't see who she is in bed with, Beth is moaning Mick's name. My friend about jumped out of her skin, because she thought Beth was in the bedroom with Mick! I hadn't ever considered that, but I can definitely see how one would come to that conclusion.

Third, she couldn't stop commenting on how different Beth looked. She thinks Sophia is beautiful, but she was amazed at the difference in her look from the first eps to the last 4--that wig did make a big difference,evidently.

Fourth, she thought the filming, lighting and overall tone of the intial eps was far better than the last 4. No shock there.

Fifth, this is a gal who doesn't like watching anything even slightly graphic, doesn't like blood, didn't really "get" the allure of the vamp biting. She gets it now. Really gets it. The sounds and movements when he was feeding off of Beth in the tub of styrofoam ice (which did earn a Wtf?) showed that she had been cured of her previous affliction.

Finally, my favorite comment, "It's like a good book that you can't put down, I just don't want to stop watching." She was absolutely enthralled to the point of speechlessness, at times.

As she left, she said "Same bat time, same bat place." Okay, we have to work on her vamp humor, but other than that, it was a rousing success.
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Re: Watching ML with a first-timer

Post by wondergirl9847 »

*sings* And another one gone, and another one gone...another one bites the dust..."

Hee!! Good to hear of a newbie (sorta) falling in love with the show and characters. :mrgreen:
*Christy*

Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

Post by Kelly »

Oh, what a great story!!! Thanks so much for sharing! It's always great to hear newbie stories. ;)
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

So NOW she understands the obsession that brought us all together.

Now she just needs to sign up here and completely lose control of her RL....

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Reaching world power one victim at a time. Good for you for corrupting your friend to our ways. Of course the show itself gets her hooked - there's no threat, no drug and no persuasion involved, just good old Mick and the first few episodes. Shows how good it really was.
Sadly, even when all women 18 to 75 who ever saw it loved this show, it wasn't enough. :roll:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Another one gets it :D Love it Lisa :D

I remember introducing my friend to the joys of Moonlight a while back too. She heard me raving incessantly about Mick and Moonlight and in particular Fever and I decided that the best thing to do was show her what caused my obsession :P

She's never looked back. She bought the DVD without me hinting about it. I made her a banner for her desktop of Mick biting her ;)

She's not as obsessed with ML as me but it is fun to know that I can still rave on about ML off the boards and I don't get looked at funny :lol:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Why FLeur, quel surprise!

You didn't tell me you were gonna take a night off and watch ML with your BFF! How charming. How very industrious. How nice for you... Hmmpf! I was out with my OWN BFF last night... at a charity function. How much money did YOU raise for Big Brothers/Big SIsters? Hmmmmm? AND I bowled a lifetime high of 85... which, granted, did not win any prizes, but it beats The President's bowling score... ;)

:lol: Actually, I did have pizza and beer... wasn't that your menu also? And I think I ate my weight in chips and dip... so now I have a new weight to worry about...

But I bet that was fun, and no surprise she loved it... she must have good taste, as she is your friend. I had gotten my sister to watch the Final Four with me... and she loved it... and then got a tee-tad cranky with me that the show was cancelled just as she had gotten addicted...as if that were my fault... :cry: Hmmpf again. Her DVD from me is in the mail as we speak...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Thanks everyone for the comments.

I just can't stress enough how much fun it was watching those episodes last night. To see someone watch them without knowing what was going to occur next, and loving every second of it, brought new joy to me. All these women can't be wrong, and I hope that someday, when Alex has moved on to a stellar career, that keeps him so busy we don't know which of his movies, tv shows to see first, he can tell us what really went on regarding the cancellation of ML
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Not sure he'll ever truly spill the beans, but surely someone will eventually leak a bit more than we got... not that it'll change anything. The whole cloak and dagger of The Business I find irritating.

Glad you had a lovely night... And I hear you about feeling let down this morning... that often happens after a ML-induced high I think. Go get The Shield and MB... it's not new Alex, but it's new Alex to YOU. It'll be worth it...

Of course then you'll wake up with another Alex hangover, but heh. We'll be hear to pick you up...

And someone (sorry forget who) did mention they read he IS back in LA and he IS looking at scripts with CBS...

Tho FOR GOD"S SAKES is he a remedial reader???? Throw em up in the air and PICK ONE, dude! Then someone ROLL a frikkin camera!

There, see Lisa? It's not just you. I am equally jonesing...

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Tho FOR GOD"S SAKES is he a remedial reader???? Throw em up in the air and PICK ONE, dude! Then someone ROLL a frikkin camera!
Thank you for being braver than me in saying this.
After watching him for almost 5 hours straight, his gorgeousness--we are all abundantly aware of, but his acting was so damn good.

I read that as well, about him reading scripts, which of course he would be. He has a contract with them, I am sure that lots of scripts get passed around, and I would think that he is constantly looking at new things. Maybe he is holding out for a movie? That is the only thing that makes sense during this Alex drought.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:
Thank you for being braver than me in saying this.
After watching him for almost 5 hours straight, his gorgeousness--we are all abundantly aware of, but his acting was so damn good.

I read that as well, about him reading scripts, which of course he would be. He has a contract with them, I am sure that lots of scripts get passed around, and I would think that he is constantly looking at new things. Maybe he is holding out for a movie? That is the only thing that makes sense during this Alex drought.

Or maybe he is suffering from a rare form of temporary amnesia and has forgotten to read his scripts... or maybe Holly, weary of the ML fans and suspicious of Alex's usual open communications with his adoring minions, has locked him in their room and won't let him out nor send any calls for aid to the outside world... or maybe, a la Tom Hanks and/or Lost, his plane from Oz went down and he is even now stranded on some uncharted island in the Pacific...or maybe he is trying WAAAAYYY too hard to be a "classic" actor and has chosen to emulate Garbo and "wants to be alone..."...

Well, now I am out of ideas... that'll hafta do....

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

You are doing nothing to help calm me down.

Where's the damn Xanax.........
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:You are doing nothing to help calm me down.

Where's the damn Xanax.........

LOL!! Yes, because my scenarios are so bloody likely... tho who'd've ever thought that His Hotness would go close to a year without a single new acting credit or screen appearance of any kind... starting to go with YOUR theory of sh!tty representation...

Now maybe I need the Xanax...

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Full disclosure: I only take Xanax when I fly.
Lisa hates flying.

That's the only theory that seems plausible, grace. I can't imagine that he would willingly not try to promote himself in any way he could. I mean, before ML, he was doing commercials in Australia. So, he did what he had to do.

Then again, maybe he feels like he can afford to be choosy, since he does have this holding deal, and he's covered for a year.
Hadn't thought of that scenario.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:Full disclosure: I only take Xanax when I fly.
Lisa hates flying.

That's the only theory that seems plausible, grace. I can't imagine that he would willingly not try to promote himself in any way he could. I mean, before ML, he was doing commercials in Australia. So, he did what he had to do.

Then again, maybe he feels like he can afford to be choosy, since he does have this holding deal, and he's covered for a year.
Hadn't thought of that scenario.

Full disclosure... I know NOTHING about Hollywood... which will surprise one and all...

But that still seems stupid. Being out of site is out of mind, no? And if nothing comes of any of these supposed scripts, out of mind is like the kiss of death in Tinselville, no again?

So he may find his beautiful booty right back in Oz making car commercials... or perhaps the tampon company would like him back...

And btw, we DO have commercials on American tv... he can't even do one of those?

We need to rename this the b!tch thread...

Return to “100% Moonlight”