Least Favorite Episode?

Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

Re: Least Favorite Episode?

Post by Kelly »

I have to admit, I never paid much attention to the backdrops...at least in any of Alex's scenes. My eyes had only one focus ;)
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

eris wrote:
wpgrace wrote:
eris wrote:If we're going for fakey-fake backdrops, you don't get much more obvious than the green screen picnic at the end of FtP. I was actually chatting with Lucky while that epi aired the first time, and I remember pointing out all of the "perfect" points of the background that just made me :x . It looked like George Lucas had gotten a hold of the scene. :ugeek:

Perfect points? What does that mean? If you please...

The lighting is too perfect for moonlight. It falls squarely on everything like set lighting. The sky looks like a painting and there's a crisp delineation between Mick and Beth's bodies and the backdrop, like they're painted in.

Gotcha... thanks... I never notice these things... but I can tell you what henley and/or jacket he's sporting in each scene... priorities...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

My least favorite is definitely Click. After seeing it I remember thinking it was just so so. It seemed like Mick had gone through too much of a change too quickly and that his behavior was reckless to say the least. I also didn't feel that it advanced the Mick/Beth relationship in any way.

While I admit I wasn't crazy about the teenage vampire in Arrested Development I remember liking that for another reason. And that was the kiss Beth gave Mick in the parking lot followed by his smile.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Arrested Development for the same reasons others have posted here!

mitzie
Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

Post by Kelly »

Moonlightsonata wrote:My least favorite is definitely Click. After seeing it I remember thinking it was just so so. It seemed like Mick had gone through too much of a change too quickly and that his behavior was reckless to say the least. I also didn't feel that it advanced the Mick/Beth relationship in any way.

While I admit I wasn't crazy about the teenage vampire in Arrested Development I remember liking that for another reason. And that was the kiss Beth gave Mick in the parking lot followed by his smile.
Yes, the smile *sigh* As I said before, I don't think it is possible for me to dislike anything that Alex stars in ;) Except for maybe Feed...I couldn't make it through the first 5 minutes without gagging. Didn't actually even get to Alex's scenes :lol:
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Kelly wrote: Yes, the smile *sigh* As I said before, I don't think it is possible for me to dislike anything that Alex stars in ;) Except for maybe Feed...I couldn't make it through the first 5 minutes without gagging. Didn't actually even get to Alex's scenes :lol:

Oh the first bit is the WORST bit... it gets a little better when Alex and his storyline begin... at least fifteen minutes in.
It's not a good movie; it is a good performance from Alex in a real whacked role...
But yeah, that first part is gross.

Back to the topic: I agree that Click was also off... the sleep-over scene in Click was the most jarring SCENE in the series to me... Nishajones's CouchTrip is now my preferred mental image of that scene...

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

I'm gonna post here, just 'cause I'm such a rebel. My least favorite episode, hands down, is "Love Lasts Forever." If I hadn't had to watch it for story research recently, I probably would have never watched it again. No redeeming qualities at all for me.
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I must say Click. It diverted the most from what we loved and became a procedural without much vampire action.
It had redeeming scenes (loved Tierney) but I agree with others that it just took too much of a leap out of the vampire myth and didn't further the MickBeth relationship. I hated that Mick was all over the place trying to act like a human, exposing himself so recklessly. And I hated Talbot's role in it.

I also had difficulties with WLB, as the villain was even more unbelievable than in A.D. I loved the war flashbacks and the whole Mick being a father possibility, but it was done sloppy and the whole police/A.D.A./Beth/Mick interaction was fabricated to say the least. Their roles in the investigation were not defined.

Of the first 12 episodes I didn't really care much for Dr. Feelgood, same problem, badly done villain and storyline. The teen in A.D. I could actually understand better, but I agree with those who didn't like the victims. I think many villains were badly done, the professor's assistant in NSTAV for example.
I didn't really buy the turning of Shepherd, but he redeemed himself with the really good voice work and his chilling presence. I couldn't stand Audrey either.
And in Mortal Cure I loved most of the scenes, but didn't really connect them to a storyline. That one confuses the hell out of me, like there is a chunk missing.
And in FtP there was just too much going on at the same time. Took away from the romance and the Mick re-turning.
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Only seen Click once so far, (although the DVD set finally washes up on Oz shores March 4 :mrgreen: ), but Click was definitely the least favorite. Weird. :shock: Just weird. :?
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

There are a couple of eps that I didn't like as much as the others but my least favourite is definitely Click. Mick wasn't Mick in this episode and was totally out of character. Hate the sleepover scene with a passion. Bad, bad scene :roll: The only redeeming scene for this ep was the Josef/Beth scene which was fantastic and the date scene but that's only because it cheered my MickBeth shipping heart when there was nothing else in that ep to do that :P
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

My least fave was Dr. Feelgood. I hated Pollock (pantomime vampire) and Stovsky getting the jump on Mick? Get serious.

However, it was redeemed by the great Mick/Beth conversations - first in Pollock's house (about Coraline) and then in Beth's hallway. Ironically these were two of my favourite scenes from the whole season. It was just the rest of the episode that was off.

I had the same issues with the teen vamp in AD as everyone else - but the scene with Beth making the callgirl telephone calls was worth it!!!

Click - I thought it was OK. Weirdly for ML, it was just a bit dull (even the dodgy episodes were never usually dull). Tierney was fine, her BF was fine, Beth was fine, the villain was fine - it was all just a bit shrug-worthy. Again there were redeeming features though - Mick looked *so* pretty....

I liked and hated all the same elements of WLB as francis. For me, the good outweighed the bad in that one.

Loved Fever. No quibbles about that one at all. Same with 12:04, FdL and Sleeping Beauty.

Hated Sonata. I was grateful for the ending - and I thought the Monaghan extermination was amazing - but otherwise, in character terms, it was awful.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:My least fave was Dr. Feelgood. I hated Pollock (pantomime vampire) and Stovsky getting the jump on Mick? Get serious.

However, it was redeemed by the great Mick/Beth conversations - first in Pollock's house (about Coraline) and then in Beth's hallway. Ironically these were two of my favourite scenes from the whole season. It was just the rest of the episode that was off.

Red

Wasn't my least favorite but it's in my bottom 3, no doubt... and ITA about the "pantomime vamp." Clearly an actor who had never seen a vampire movie... he acted more like an escapee from an asylum... jerks and twitches and, well, pantomime.

But yeah, as Eris said, they all did have redeeming moments... and i love the MickBeth in this one and also the MickJosef... by Mick's fireplace and the monk story. You got a real sense of the past he was dragging around with him by the end of this ep... and I liked that.

But SEE!!! A lot of our reactions to ML eps have to do with the success or failure of the guest stars... PUT ALEX AS A GUEST STAR IN ALL YOUR SHOWS CBS; AT LEAST PUT HIM ON SCREEN!!! HE WILL ROCK!!! (Sorry, had to get that out of my system.).

Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

francis wrote: And in FtP there was just too much going on at the same time. Took away from the romance and the Mick re-turning.
I loved FtP but I agree that the storyline was very convoluted. I thought that I had read somewhere that this episode was actually a compilation of 3 or 4 epis that the writers had to cram together at the last minute...which would explain all the extra stuff thrown in..
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Just in case anybody cares about ratings for the three least watched, TV by the Numbers reported:

Dr. Feelgood was watched by 7.10 million viewers (This was the third episode)
Fleur de Lis was watched by 7.32 million viewers (Ninth episode)
and our last episode
Sonata was watched by 7.47 million viewers

I don't get the numbers at all for Sonata. You would have thought the tribe would have been all over that one, unless the numbers were misreported in some way. :roll:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

bluedahlia3 wrote:Just in case anybody cares about ratings for the three least watched, TV by the Numbers reported:

Dr. Feelgood was watched by 7.10 million viewers (This was the third episode)
Fleur de Lis was watched by 7.32 million viewers (Ninth episode)
and our last episode
Sonata was watched by 7.47 million viewers

I don't get the numbers at all for Sonata. You would have thought the tribe would have been all over that one, unless the numbers were misreported in some way. :roll:
With the announcement of the cancellation two days before Sonata you would have lost some of the more casual viewers just because it was ending.

What's interesting about Dr. Feelgood, I didn't see that one when it first aired because I was on a retreat in Alabama. That's the only episode I didn't see while it was playing.

Return to “100% Moonlight”