The Portrait - PG-13

A place for Bluedahlia3's G to PG-13 stories
Penina Spinka
Freelance freshie

Re: The Portrait - PG-13

Post by Penina Spinka »

Thank you for the link to find this. Coraline's allure can't be denied. You brought it out well. I enjoyed your descriptions and the noire feeling of this piece. If you don't want to wait, all of my ML fiction is presently on fanfiction . net under Vampire Reader, but I hope to bring them over here if there is interest. I will be watching for more of this. Penina
Read Sam stories by Penina My index: http://www.moonlightaholics.com/viewforum.php?f=560
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Fabulous!

First of all, the ambiance of this piece is amazing. The silent stillness of the empty mansion is anything but peaceful. Josef should have gone with Mick. He clearly reads Mick well enough to know that he will be unable to resist being drawn back into the spell of the place.

Very nicely done! Brava!

:flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
starbucksjunkie
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Home drinking my own Starbucks and watching my DVDs. There's a recession on!

Post by starbucksjunkie »

This is a powerful piece. Wistful and charged.

Wonderful.

"There is a degree to which . . . all literature, highbrow or low, from the Aeneid onward, is fan fiction . . . retelling and reimagining the stories that were told before us and that we have come of age loving--amateurs--we proceed, seeking out the blank places in the map that our favorite writers . . . have left for us . . ." -- Michael Chabon, Maps and Legends
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Bluedalia

I just reread this treasure. I agree that your imagry was so very rich, the emotional ghosts in this house were very thick and powerful for Mick. Josef was right. Coraline still had the ability to drive Mick crazy. Will she always have such power over him?

This must have been written when Mick still thought he had killed his wife when he rescued
Beth. I disagree with my previous suggestion that Josef should have gone with Mick--
Beth should have accompanied him.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by susieb »

I followed Jen here from the Active Topics and am so glad I did. This is fantastic! You paint such a picture of true possession. Mick - caught in the spider's web. :heart:
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

WOW, portraits being what they were to a vampire....this is powerful stuff.

I've read a couple of stories where Mick has been confronted by her painted image...all different and all moving. I'd have to say this was powerfully enthralling and a rhapsodic find today...... :melts: :thumbs:
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

Nicely done very dramatic
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Mick and ghosts from the past! One powerful story and it felt as if I was walking around this old, silent house with him....

:clapping: :clapping:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh, thank you for bumping this, Tula! I've always loved this story, and it was a pleasure to read it again.
I sure miss bluedahlia3... :sigh:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Seven years is much too long to wait to reread this wonderful story! I love the idea of this house. It seems so misplaced in Los Angeles, but LA is full of stuff that feels like it really belongs somewhere else. :snicker: And it's perfect for a former 18th-century aristocrat: a replica of the type of home she could have lived in long ago, in France.

I also love that it works as a sort of bookend to "Opposites Attract." I wish Blue had written a story from the time they lived in the mansion. Mick and Coraline obviously had a lot of history in that house!

The mood and emotion in this story is really captivating. Mick is still caught in Coraline's web, years after he thinks he killed her. And Josef, as he often does, realizes the trouble Mick is in, alone in the house full of memories, and snaps him out of it just in time. Vampire solidarity! :hug:
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

This story was gripping! It really shows the hold that Coraline had over him and as much as I dislike Coraline, without her Mick wouldn't have become the man we love so much!

Return to “bluedahlia3's Office”