Back In Time Ch 4 Crossover Challenge

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Back In Time Ch 4 Crossover Challenge

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended.

Josef had kept Mick secluded in the mansion for three days drinking only the healthiest freshies he owned.

Josef knocked on the door of the East Wing.

“Go away Breakfast, I‘m not hungry.” Mick growled.

Josef used his sweetest most feminine voice. “I don’t care what you want Sugar. Jay said I had to feed you or I was being put on lunch duty for a month. That means no parties, no clubbing, no movie premieres.

“Good. Maybe you’ll get bored with this unnatural life and leave it.” Mick snapped.

The door was opened immediately by a very angry Josef.

“Temper, temper Mick. Don’t talk to the humans like that.’

“I knew you didn’t have a human with you.

Josef was impressed, Mick was young but he had good DNA. Considering this house was swimming with human scent the fact that he could focus on vamp scent at such a young age made Josef a little sad. Mick could be a truly powerful vampire.

“Let’s have a civilized conversation.” Josef said.

“Does that mean I can leave the East wing?” Mick asked.

“Maybe. Cookie and Candy told me you took their blood from a syringe.”

“It was fresh and warm.” Mick said.

“I don’t care. I want you to drink like a vampire, it’s the only way I can be sure of your sanity.

“Did you find out about my cousin?”

“Yes, and he has never accomplished anything in his life. He has squandered his family fortune and has been living in a converted garage since his mansion burned down twenty years ago. He does have 3 PHDs and 2 Masters degrees but that just tells me he’s book smart. Doesn’t mean he can do anything.

“Josef, you‘re wrong. One year when I was eight we went to Hill Valley for Christmas. I was devastated because I thought Santa wouldn’t find me. We drove up December 20th. In three days Emmett build a model of the street I lived on, a perfect model down to the houses, cars, and treehouse in my backyard. He told me we would put it outside the Brown house so Santa would know I was there. He was only two years older than me and it looked like an architect’s model.

Josef chewed his lip. “Did Santa come the next morning?’

“Of course he did. The reason we went to Hill Valley was because Dad had lost his job and Mom didn’t want me to do without presents. Emmett’s father bought a lot of gifts and my Aunt asked Emmett to pretend he believed in Santa Claus. I told him the night we got there that Santa wasn’t going to come for me and he made the model.

Josef conceded. “That means he’s sensitive and artistic. It doesn’t mean he can build a time machine.

“Josef, in all the years I knew him he never lied about anything. If he says he can do it, he can do it.

Josef sighed. “I’ll have to meet him myself and that’s dangerous for him.”

“You don’t have to tell him you’re a vampire.”

“I wasn’t planning on that but how did I hear about his time machine?

“From me.”

“The last time he saw you he slept for 36 hours. He probably thinks you were a dream.”

“I’ll tell him you’re my nephew.”

“Your nephew?” Josef said suspiciously.

“Cynthia Xavier’s son. I told him that was Coraline’s sister.’

Josef laughed. “There are many things I’d like to do with Cynthia Xavier but calling her Mommy and letting her spank me isn’t one of them. Although there was this one time in 1891 that I gave her a beating for petty theft."

"You usually kill thieves."

"She stole a necklace from one of my freshies. The girl told me it was missing and thought Coraline's human had stolen it. It was found in Coraline's suitcase. She told me I could kill her human but when I smelled it the only human scent was Hazel. I made Coraline smell it and before she could make an excuse Cynthia said it was too pretty for a human. I told Coraline I wanted her human and to punish he handmaiden. I let the freshies listen while I beat her with a silver tipped whip.

"Where did you get something like that?'

"A vampire jeweler was happy to make a specialty item. He doesn't want his workmanship on any Duvalls or Duvall wannabees.

"How long have you know my wife and Cynthia?'

"Lincoln was President."

Mick shrugged. “You being my nephew will make perfect sense to Emmett. I told him Cynthia knows the truth about the Bermuda Triangle and that she’s rich. I’ll say I called her and she sent you to the States to discuss some European contacts.

“He would have to be a moron to believe that.”

“No, he just takes everything at face value from the people he cares about. He can’t imagine that I would lie to him.

Mick, I don’t know. Maybe we should let sleeping dogs lie.”

“I want to go back in time. If there’s a chance this technology is going to be created don’t you want some kind of control of it? Shouldn’t it be in safe vampire hands?

That won Josef over. “All right Uncle Mick.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Back In Time Ch 4 Crossover Challenge

Post by francis »

I really like this conversation, classic Josef and classic Mick. Josef pretending to be the nephew might be fun, cause he can't do his usual "I'm the boss" schtick. :hearts:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Cassy:

This makes perfect sense.

I'm a bit surprised Mick had to work so hard to convince Josef. Josef's enhanced sense of smell combined with his nose for business should have ferretted this treasure out long ago, but then 'who knew?'

I think that Mick is underestimating Dr. Brown who, after reading the dynamics of the room and discovering where the power truly lies, will trust Mick enough to go along with whatever Mick is asking him to believe. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the esteemed Dr. Brown gives both Mick and Josef an education on the unintended consequences of time travel. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Last edited by jen on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

“That means he’s sensitive and artistic. It doesn’t mean he can build a time machine.
Just another great JK nugget of wisdom...... :clapping:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I'm enjoying this so much, Cassy. Josef and Mick in the earlier days of their relationship... it's not quite the same as it is now. For one thing, Josef doesn't respect Mick as much... although he can already see the potential he has. No wonder he bemoans Mick's consumption of dead blood. :sigh:

I can't wait for "Uncle Mick" and Josef to visit Dr. Brown!! :hyper2: :hyper2:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I'm interested to see what Emmett thinks of Josef. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

I'm looking forward to seeing how this meeting goes... The uncle-nephew dynamic should make things interesting. :laugh: :confused2:

Thank you! :flowers:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I really had so much fun writing this series. I've read hundreds of crossovers but this was a challenge to straddle both universes.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Josef's snark is in top form this chapter. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
There are many things I’d like to do with Cynthia Xavier but calling her Mommy and letting her spank me isn’t one of them.

Return to “cassysj's Office”