Back In Time (PG-13) Ch 1 Champagne Challenge #140

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Back In Time (PG-13) Ch 1 Champagne Challenge #140

Post by cassysj »

This is a Moonlight crossover with Back To the Future. (Which was a time travel movie in 1985 a very important year for Mick St. John) It will have at least one maybe two more chapters over the next couple of weeks.

I do not own any characters, no copyright infringement is intended.

Mick had been sitting in the car for hours. He was surprised to see Josef’s convertible pull up. He rolled down the window and Josef snapped.

“Drive. You have one minute to get out of here. Meet me at the mansion.”

Mick turned on the engine and sped off. Fifteen minutes later he arrived at Josef’s Hollywood Palace.

“When are you getting a car phone? Josef growled. It’s 1985.

“Josef, if someone needs to reach me they can call me at home or the office. The service will track me down.”

“You were about to get arrested. Mrs. Turner called the cops and said a man was parked on her street the last three nights at 2AM. If you had a car phone when I got the call from LAPD I could have gotten in touch with you.

Mick slumped in his chair. “All right I’ll get a car phone.”

“How about you stop being a stalker?”

“I’m not stalking her. I’m making sure nothing bad happens to her.”

“Mick…..Coraline is dead. The child is safe.”

“Josef, it’s a dangerous world we live in. There are perverts and….

Josef raised his hand. “I know but you’re crossing a line. I’m going to be leaving in a few months.”

Mick was surprised. “Leaving?”

“Yes. Unlike you I don’t stay in one city for fifty years. I’m thinking Chicago, maybe you’d like a fresh start.”

Mick’s answer was immediate. “No.”

Josef sighed. “In that case I want to make sure you don’t get destroyed by the Cleaners before I go. He tossed him a wallet and passport.

“What’s this?”

“Travel documents. I want you to leave LA for a month and when you come back you’ll see nothing happened to the baby. I need to make sure you’re not going to spend the rest of your life following her. It’s not good for you or her.”

“Josef…..

Josef clapped his hands. “Enough. You fly to London tomorrow. I want a nice big ocean to separate us. There are credit cards in that wallet to go wherever you want.

Mick’s eyes turned silver. “I’m not a freshie looking for a sugar daddy.”

Josef also transitioned. “Drinking dead blood has put you in a sour mood. You weren’t always so judgmental of feeders. It’s not my money anyway. I’ll reimburse myself from your retirement account. Mick, it’s important that you get some distance, otherwise that woman is going to get scared and disappear in the middle of the day with that child and you’ll never find her.

Josef said the magic words. Beth was the only reason he didn’t drive into the desert and wait for death. If he lost her…..it was unthinkable. Better to lose track for a few weeks instead of forever.

Mick flew to London and tried to forget about Beth. He tried and failed. Every little blonde girl reminded him. He foolishly left London for Stockholm and in the ocean of blondes left for Zurich. Josef had been encouraging him for years to open a Swiss Bank Account.

Three weeks into his exile he flew back to the United States and arrived in San Francisco. He couldn’t risk going into LAX, he was sure Josef had the airport staked out.

He rented a car and drove to Hill Valley, CA. He used to spend two weeks there every summer from the time he could walk until he was a teenager. His Mom had grown up here and his Aunt Sarah had married into the wealthy Brown family.

He and his cousin Emmett had been something of an anomaly both being only children in a time of big families. Emmett was two years older but they always enjoyed playing together. They stopped visiting when Emmett went away to college and then the war and life caused them to drift apart. The last time he saw Emmett was on his wedding day in 1952. Aunt Sarah and Uncle Erhardt had died in a car crash in 1950, for all he knew Emmett was dead. He would be at least sixty-five by now.

Mick drove around Hill Valley and couldn’t believe all the changes. He hadn’t been there since 1938. What was once a nice small town was now a suburban sprawl with shopping malls. He drove up the road to where the Brown mansion should be but there was nothing there. Mick found himself overcome with sorrow. He didn’t know if Emmett had ever married, had kids or what happened to their huge house. He walked on the property and saw that the treehouse where Emmett showed him his science experiments was still there. He continue to walk the grounds and saw the huge parking garage where Uncle Erhardt had kept four cars an unimaginable amount in 1935. He wondered why the garage and treehouse remained. If Emmett had sold the property wouldn’t the new owners have bulldozed everything. He was so distracted he didn’t hear the dog coming until it had actually latched on to his leg. He bared his own fangs and the dog let go and started to whimper. He felt guilty. The little dog looked just like the sheepdogs Emmett had growing up.

“Good boy. I’m not going to hurt you.” Mick said gently

The dog cowered in fear and Mick heard a voice cry out.

“Einstein! Einstein! What did you do to my dog?”

Mick could have run, probably should have run but instead he turned to face the voice.

Doctor Emmett Brown’s jaw dropped and he said. “Great Scott! It’s Mickey St. John.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Back In Time (PG-13) Ch 1 Champagne Challenge #140

Post by librarian_7 »

cassy, this is a really interesting start! :snicker: I love that Emmett isn't even going to think it odd to see a young Mick--he'll just thing someone else beat him to the time travel thing!

Looking forward to the future...installments!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Cassy, this is WONDERFUL!!! :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: I am totally excited about this story. What a brilliant idea! :bulb: Mick and Emmett Brown... just think of the possibilities... :teeth:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Cassy

This is fabulous!

The possibilities are exciting! Will Mick ask to see Beth's future, and find himself a huge part of it? Will he see Beth's future beyond what he currently knows about?

Can't wait!!!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

I read this and got sent to a page where I couldn't comment!!! and I was bereft!

This is phenomenally fun! Wouldn't you know Josef would be at the root of this serendipity!

Cannot wait....well you know I will wait patiently for the additional stories!!!!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Lucky - I love the character of Doc Brown and there is very little that he thinks is strange. :laugh:

Alle - Thanks, it was convenient that BTTF took place in California and Doc Brown's estimated birth was 1920. This should be fun.

Jen - We will just have to wait and see what Mick finds out. :whistle:

Lucy - I'm glad you were able to comment. :phew: Josef handles everything but this might be even bigger than him.
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Oooohhh! Neat idea! As usual, Josef is very wise. I wonder what he'll think of Emmett...

Car phones!?!? :coffee: I haven't thought about those in years!

Thank you! :hearts:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

What a great idea. I wonder if Mick will ask to be taken back to the 50s before he was a vampire. Will he want to change the past? But then who will rescue Beth? But then would she have been kidnapped if it wasn't for him? What a mind-boggling possibility.
Or will Mick want to see the future? :hearts:

Maybe Emmeth will show him cellphones and computers. Then Mick will know that a car phone isn't that fancy, and in what kind of industry to invest his money. :snicker:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Mick and Doc Brown are cousins! What a great idea for a story! Looking forward to the rest. :twothumbs:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Brilliant idea, Carol!! :hearts:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Post by AggieVamp »

OMG! what a GREAT beginning Cassy! I love this (and loved the BTTF movies..) Can't WAIT to see where this goes!

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh my gosh, I just got an image of Mick dressed as an Old West cowboy, on that wonderful train in BTTF III... :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

What a clever idea, carol! Looking forward to more.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

What a brilliantly clever idea, Carol!! :rose: I'm anxious to see how the time travelling Dr. Brown and our ageless vamp get along :clapping:

On a side note, if I were Beth's mother, I'd be checking the windows, doors and everything else and seeing a car outside the house would have caused me to call the cops, too!
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by AussieJo »

Carol, this has got me terribly excited as well :hyper2: :reading:
allegrita wrote:Oh my gosh, I just got an image of Mick dressed as an Old West cowboy, on that wonderful train in BTTF III... :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:
Oh alle......! :thud: :cloud9: :melts:

Return to “cassysj's Office”