Vampires and Werewolves and Ghosts. Oh My! PG

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Vampires and Werewolves and Ghosts. Oh My! PG

Post by cassysj »

Harmless fluff. I've used the same theme in a True Blood Halloween story I've done on other boards so it may seem very similar to some of you.

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended.

Beth showed up at Josef’s office. She wanted an explanation why he turned down her party invitation.

“Beth, it’s always lovely to see you. What can I do for you?”

“You can come to our Halloween party.”

Josef snapped his fingers and all his employees fled from the room. Even his freshie Tangie stood up from the couch.

“Should I go home Josef?” she asked.

“No but go down to the cafeteria and have a snack. I’ll call you when I’m ready.”

“Okay.”

“Beth you sent me an invitation, I responded with my regrets immediately, I’m sorry I can’t attend.”

“Josef it’s a very important night for me, it’s our first party together.” “Is your refusal some sort of disapproval of me?”

“Of course not. Beth I was under the impression that you and Mick were hosting this for your human friends.”

“Not at all! He’s invited Guillermo and Logan and some other vampires.” “I’ve even bought that True Blood soda so you could drink your real refreshments in a glass and no one would be the wiser.”

“That’s very kind of you and I am sorry but I can’t attend. I will tell you if this party was last Halloween or next Halloween I’d happily come but this year it’s impossible.”

“Why?” The reporter mode was kicking in. “What makes this year different?”

“There’s a full moon on Halloween.” Josef said.

“A full moon??? What does that have to do with anything?”

“Beth I’m sure you know that Halloween is considered the day when the veil between the living and dead is the thinnest.”

“Yes, so it should be party time for vampires.”

Josef laughed. “I’m not living or dead. I’m undead.” “But there are ghosts and spirits and I respect the tradition of dressing up to avoid them. As a matter of fact all my freshies wear costumes.”

“Ghosts? You believe in ghosts?”

“Blondie did you believe in vampires three years ago? There’s a lot you don’t know. It’s not the ghosts that bother me. It’s the werewolves.”

“Werewolves??????” “Josef just say you don’t want to come. Don’t insult my intelligence.”

“You came to my office, now you’re going to listen.” “There’s a full moon this Halloween also know as a Blue Moon since it’s the second one of the month. It only falls on Halloween a couple of times a century.”

“Werewolves really exist? Do they really come out in the full moon?”

“Yes, they do. When a full moon is on Halloween it’s particularly dangerous.”

“Why?”

“Ghosts hate vampires because we straddle the world between the living and the dead. Werewolves and vampires are sworn enemies.” “The vampire is superior because we can attack our prey in human form, the werewolf resents that.” “When a full moon falls on Halloween the ghosts speak to the werewolves and reveal the location of any vampires that leave their lairs.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yes. Werewolves are difficult to kill and I choose not to put myself at risk.”

“Besides if I left my home that would put all my freshies in danger. If a werewolf killed me he could track all of them by scent.” “You’re asking me to risk my life and the lives of ten women. I’m sorry Beth, your party isn’t worth it. “

“Why didn’t Mick tell me?” Beth asked.

“He probably doesn’t know. There was a Blue Moon in 1955 and I know Coraline kept him at home.” “Guillermo was turned after 1955 he hasn’t experienced it and Logan never leaves his basement so he was in no danger until now.”

“So you’re telling me I’m putting Mick and any other vampire that comes at risk.”

“Mick’s not at risk.” “The invitation read that the party was at his place, so he’s not leaving his lair.” “The ghosts only lead the werewolves to vampires that are out in public.”

“To be honest Beth I didn’t know you had invited other vampires. I will have to call them and recommend they make up an excuse.”

“Josef, if something like this happens again please just tell me the reason. Also, do me a favor and let Mick in on the secret.”

“No problem. I am sorry I can’t come.”

“What about Thanksgiving?” Beth asked.

“No ghosts. No full moon. I’ll be there and I’ll even bring my own bottle.”

Beth smiled. “Bring Tangie I like her.”

“I never argue with the hostess.” “ Now if you’ll excuse me I have an overseas conference call and I’d like to have lunch before it comes in.”

Beth walked out of the office and rang for the elevator. When it arrived Tangie waved at her and made a beeline for Josef’s office.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Vampires and Werewolves and Ghosts. Oh My! PG

Post by darkstarrising »

Hey Cassy :wave: ,

This is cool, weaving in ghosts and werewolves into the story...love the lore you've created about how Halloween affects all of them!! Very creative :hearts:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

That is clever! Josef should share this info with his younger friends... that could be dangerous. :laugh:

Well... maybe the human friends will come. Poor Beth.... :sigh:
catravers
Freelance freshie

Post by catravers »

Hey cassysj,

I really enjoyed this one. :clapping:

Loved the play on words with the title.

At least Josef will make Thanksgiving.

Cat
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

This was a very creative idea. I'm glad this only happens once every 5 decades or so.
:heart:
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

Very interesting bit of folklore. Definitely something the younger vamps need to know about!
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

DSR - I figured Halloween would tie all the ghosts, goblins and vampires together.

Alle - I think Josef is going to hold a vampire meeting in LA about this, he can't believe so many sires have not prepared their issue. He's shocked. I agree Poor Beth.

catravers - Thanks for reading.

francis - For some reason I got curious about how often the full moon fell on Halloween and this grew out of that.

Catmoon - I agree these young whippersnappers need to be told. :laugh:
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

Cute story! :snicker:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by AussieJo »

It's a good idea for them all to be safe in their homes that night.
I think Mick and Beth will find something to occupy themselves. :snicker:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

MV - Thanks. I try to keep it light. :snicker:

AussieJo - I think they could find ways to amuse themselves.
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

What a wonderful story!! So creative and I love the folklore about the full moon on Halloween!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :thud: :gasp: :eek2: :devil: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :hearts: :rose: :hallpumpkin:

mitzie :mooncat:
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Interesting....
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

There are a lot of sires who are clearly not doing their job.

There should be a sire certification program--and a rule that a vampire can't sire another until they know how to do their job properly.

This party could have been a disaster for the vampires in attendance. She and Mick should move it up a couple of nights and have a Pre-Halloween bash. I wonder what is sacred about a vampires lair.. ..

This is wonderful!. A sequel would be wonderful. too!

Just sayin'

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thank you for the kind comments. It's nice to see older stories get a bump. The party really could have been a disaster at least the vamps will be safely home.

Halloween is coming up :snicker: maybe something will come to me.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

While reading this gem this time, I was struck with a feeling I had on occasion when Josef was giving an explanation...the feeling you get when you suspect somebody might be feeding you a line of bull but you're just not sure. Jason was so good and walking that line beautifully.

Logical explanation. If Josef is telling Beth the truth, these are things she needs to know about. There are probably a lot of vampire rules that they all know but outsiders just don't.

Maybe they are posted on the wall of 'that clubhouse where they all hang out;

Thank you!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “cassysj's Office”