A Year In Review PG-13

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

A Year In Review PG-13

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended

Josef was with his girlfriend Solita in the early evening of New Year’s Eve. They watched the ball fall in Times Square via satellite at 9P LA time.

Solita kissed him and said. “Go to your party. The girls are frantic for your attention.”

“The girls have my attention at least 275 nights a year.”

Solita smiled. “You made that up!

“Nonsense. I spend Fridays with you. They have two weeks vacation, major holidays.

Solita chortled. “I used to be a freshie. You give them Thanksgiving off and a few days for Christmas. They work every other holiday from New Year’s to Halloween.

Josef shrugged. “For which they are well compensated.

“That is true.” Solita said. “You better go and tend to your party.”

“You should come with me.”

Solita shook her head. “No. It’s confusing to the girls.”

“They aren’t children Solita. They know Daddy has sex and they even know who with.”

“Josef, if I’m there vampires will look at me to hostess. That’s not appropriate. The girls work very hard planning your events. I shouldn’t get the glory when I didn’t do the work.

Josef sighed. “You’re too concerned with humans.”

“I can’t help it. I have a heartbeat.” Solita said dryly

Josef sat on the couch. “I’ll leave but come sit next to me first. It’s time for my year in review.

Solita raised her eyebrows. “You make resolutions??”

“Of course not. He took out of his jacket pocket what looked to be a very old letter. He opened it and began to read aloud as Solita snuggled next to him.

“Grand Central Terminal reopened today. Thank heavens. It’s always important to make a hasty retreat.

Solita looked up at him. “Why on earth would you care about that? We live in LA.

He continued to read. “February 3rd, the United States is on the path to destruction. The Federal Government is imposing Income Taxes.

Solita realized this was not this year’s events. She listened while he spoke of friends far away who attended parties for the 300th Anniversary of the House of Romanov. The Assassination of King George of Greece, The tallest building in the world The Woolworth Building opened, Mahandes Ghandi was arrested in South Africa and the Mona Lisa was returned to France.

He made personal observations at how he thought all of Europe was heading for a war. There was revolution in the air and he would remain in the U.S. for the time being which felt relatively safe.

He folded the letter and put it back in his pocket.

“What year was that?” Solita asked.

“1913 of course.

“Do you have a letter for every year you’ve been alive?

“No. It wouldn’t be safe. Before sunrise I’ll burn this letter. I just read them as a reminder of the world.

Solita whispered. “Will you write a new one tonight?”

“Possibly.”

Solita was confused. “Why possibly?

“Since you won’t come to my party I thought you might write one for me. Perhaps in the distant future we can read it together.

“I’d like that.” Solita said softly. “I’d like that a lot.”

Josef wouldn’t commit to a turning but he said. “There’s a lot to consider but no matter what, I want 2013 to be from Solita’s perspective.

He kissed her again and quickly left.

Solita sat down with pen and paper. She knew she could never duplicate his gorgeous penmanship but she would do her best to make sure one way or another he always remembered her.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: A Year In Review PG-13

Post by allegrita »

Oh, wow... what a tough challenge it would be to write a year-in-review letter for Josef! But Solita is up to it... and although Josef didn't commit to anything, he sure came close. :hearts: I like to think of them reading it together one day, far in the future.

Thanks for the history lesson, too! A lot of really important things happened in 1913... :chin:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Very nice, Carol! I really liked it.

Happy New Year! :celebrate:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Alle - Josef is not ready to make a......forever promise but he's getting close. I would like to see them in 2113 checking out this year.

MLC - Thanks for reading

Return to “cassysj's Office”