December 1954 PG-13

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

December 1954 PG-13

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended

December 8, 1954

Charles Fitzgerald walked the short distance to O’Malley Jewelers. He was surprised to see the closed sign on the door. Before he could walk away he heard the lock turning. A delicious looking teenybopper opened the door.

“Mr. Fitzgerald, can we help you with something?

He smiled his most charming grin. “I don’t know MaryAnn. The sign says you’re closed.”

“We’re never closed for you. Please come in.”

He stepped into the store and saw boxes all over. The owner Charles O’Malley came from behind the counter. “Fitz….I’m moving. That’s why we’re closed.

“Moving from New York?”

“No. Just moving away from Tiffanys. I can’t stand another minute around that copycat. Going back downtown. What can I get you?

Fitzgerald nodded at the gossiping girls. O’Malley barked. “Everyone, go to lunch. He opened his wallet. “My treat, don’t come back for a couple of hours.

Fitzgerald waited until the ladies left and then sat down with his old friend.

“You know how December 7th is a day that will live in infamy.” Fitz said quietly.

“Yeah…at least for humans.

“Well, for me too. Yesterday my ladyfriend….found out why I wasn’t worried when her monthly visitor didn't show up.

O’Malley nodded. “She’s a smart girl. She won’t talk.”

Fitz smiled. “I know. Even though it means giving up motherhood she still wants to be with me.”

O’Malley beamed he didn’t like The Cleaners and was happy to hear that a sweet girl didn’t need to meet them for getting dangerous information. “That’s great news. I’m guessing you want a ring.”

Fitz paused. “Yeah, but it has to be spectacular. Worthy of Sarah.”

O’Malley was already doodling designs. He knew Fitzgerald’s taste. He’d been making jewelry for him since Victoria was Queen.

The two vampires sat quietly and O’Malley asked. “Is she joining the tribe?”

“No.” Fitz answered quickly. Then he said. “Maybe. We don’t have to rush anything.”

O’Malley agreed. “Of course not. What is she? Twenty, twenty-one.

“Yeah.”

“Let her at least catch up to you.” O’Malley said. “You’re about twenty five right?

“In that neighborhood.”

As O’Malley sketched Fitzgerald felt compelled to make small talk.

“How long have you lived in New York?”

O’Malley smiled. “I was born here in 1837. Except for a year in Nova Scotia I’ve never left.”

“Don’t you worry about being discovered?”

O’Malley shrugged. “Nah. I don’t stay in the same neighborhood. I was fifty when I was turned. When I start over in a new place I color my hair brown for a few years and then let my salt and pepper take over.

Fitzgerald felt a sudden flash of jealousy. He had to move every few years. O’Malley had been at this location since before the war. He couldn’t imagine the luxury of keeping an identity for decades.

O’Malley noticed the silence. “Of course, I’m not as handsome as you. There are benefits for being turned in the prime of your life. I’m sure they outweigh the disadvantages.”

“How old was your sire O’Malley?”

“He’s 750 but he was almost 70 upon turning. My issue was turned at 30. He seems to like it.

“Sarah was really laying it on about never being 22. I think that’s too young though.”

“Like I said. You have time.” O’Malley finished his sketches. “Do you like any of these?

His eyes landed on a square cut diamond surrounded by emeralds. “That’s the one.”

“I knew it.” O’Malley said. “I can have it for you in a week.”

“No rush.” Fitz said. I want it for Christmas Eve but it must be perfect like Sarah.

“I never make a mistake on engagement rings. I’m no Tiffany.”

Fitzgerald laughed and clapped him on the back. “I’ll come by on the 18th to see how it’s coming along.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: December 1954 PG-13

Post by francis »

:heart: I love your characters. O'Malley reminds me of someone... :laugh:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

What a wonderful conversation--so filled with happy anticipation. :happysigh: I won't think about what's going to happen later... I'll just dwell on the moment for a bit and imagine everything will turn out perfectly. :heart:

I'm not surprised that "Mr. O'Malley" is moving his shop. It's astounding that he tolerated being near Tiffany's for any time at all! :winky:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Francis - I can't imagine who O'Malley reminds you of. :rolling: Charles always tells me pick something Irish for his name.

Alle - It must have driven him crazy to be near them. I checked today that Tiffany's opened in 1940 and since I said Charles had been here since before the war....the location must have been good for business and rent but by 54 he could not take it any longer.

Return to “cassysj's Office”