A Cold December Day PG-13

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

A Cold December Day PG-13

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended.

December 2013

Josef has the limo drop him off at Waverly Place. He’d cancelled the nurses for the next few days.

He wasn’t usually timid but he didn’t want to enter her room. He visited every other nook and cranny of the townhouse and then just before midnight he went in.

“Hello Sarah. I know it’s been a while…too long. The last time I came was December 14th, 2007 and I stayed almost a month until Mick…needed me.

He sat down next to the bed. “A lot has happened since then Babe. I hate to be the one to tell you but your father’s dead. He lived a long time….longer than he should. His body suffered a great deal with disease but the actual end came quickly, mercifully. I promise you.

He stoked her beautiful red hair. “I told you about my friend Mick and how he was looking for a fairy tale ending. He managed to get it. They had some obstacles but Beth became a vampire last year. The two of them are sickeningly happy. The rest of us can’t stand to look at them.

He was quiet for a long time. “Honey, there’s no easy way for me to say this but I’ve been seeing someone. Now, I know I haven’t lived like a monk these past six decades but this one is different. This one is human. Well, if I’m going to be honest she hasn’t been the only human but she’s a special human. One I could think about spending eternity with.

“Sarah, lots of people are interested in immortality. There was a lawyer a couple of years ago that I considered turning. Considered….she got scared when she found out vampires are hunted too. It was too much to think of getting eternity and then losing it to scum like legion. You weren’t afraid of anything. You should have been but you weren’t.

Josef sighed. “This woman I’m thinking of….her name is Solita. She’s an accountant. She was my freshie for seven years and now we’ve been dating for three. We’re at the point where I have to let her go or stop the clock. I should let her go. I should protect her the way I didn’t protect you but I….don’t want to end it.

He paused again. “I’m going to see her the day after Christmas. I’m bringing her here and showing her….what can happen. If she’s smart she’ll head for the hills. I’m scared Sarah, I think like you she’s too brave.

He kissed her cold lips. “Sarah, if you’re going to wake up…..do it before Christmas. If you don’t….I’ll take your silence as approval. I will always take care of you. Always.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: A Cold December Day PG-13

Post by allegrita »

:hankie: :heart: :hankie: :heart: :hankie:

This is just... :hug: I really like it. But it makes me sad too.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is lovely!

It hits just the right balance--Josef can't entirely lose the snark--even in this emotional moment--but you see him step away from it briefly.

Sarah would approve--but I'd still love to see her awake...

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

It is sad but I do like that he's talking to her. I agree she will approve.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I love this Little Story so much. Josef's big heart is shining, and his grief is obvious and fresh. He would never be so vulnerable in public. I wonder how you managed to listen in undetected. :heart:

Return to “cassysj's Office”