Thanksgiving 1985 PG-13

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Thanksgiving 1985 PG-13

Post by cassysj »

I did this for a Guess The Author on 6 Degrees of Alex O' Loughlin

I do not own any Moonlight Characters, no copyright infringement is intended.

Thanksgiving 1985

Josef drove to Mick’s apartment. The place reeked of cheap scotch and cheaper blood. He let himself in.

“Mick…..get up, get showered, dressed and meet me in the Corvette.

“Go away, Josef.”

“No. You’re spending tonight with me. It’s Thanksgiving.”

Mick chuckled bitterly. “What do you care? You can’t eat.”

“My freshies will feast and then serve me. You have to get out of this funk.

“Funk??? I killed my wife. The same woman who was going to turn a little girl just for me.

“Mick….she’s dead, not you. It’s time to move on.”

“I’m fine right here.

Josef sniffed the glass. “Not with this crap. You need a decent meal.”

“I’ll never have a decent meal again. Thanks to Coraline.

Josef nodded. “Maybe not but I’m sure that little girl is feasting on a turkey leg today. Thanks to you.”

“Josef, she was only in danger because of me.”

“Are you sure about that?” Josef asked.

“Of course. I was always complaining about not having kids. Coraline tried to get me one.”

“You told me the baby smelled like Coraline. AO negative.

Mick nodded.

“I’ve known Coraline almost a century longer than you. That child was at risk the moment her parents got between the sheets. Coraline had no control around her own type. If that girl was in smelling distance in a city Coraline lived in she would have eventually been drained.

“Coraline was only in LA because of me.”

Josef laughed. “Don’t flatter yourself. She was here before you were born. LA respects beautiful people and she was gorgeous. She landed here around 1915. She’d disappear for two or three years at a stretch and then stay for a decade. If you didn’t exist and Coraline happened upon that child she’d have been on a milk carton. The only reason she kept her breathing was to get your attention. You noticed and you slayed the dragon and saved the princess.

Mick considered everything he said. He knew a number of horrible things Coraline had done in their time together. What would she do without someone to disapprove? He shuddered. “That little girl really is like a princess. Mick said softly “She looked at me like I hung the moon.

“See, somebody loves you. Josef said flippantly. Come on, let’s go eat.

I’m not drinking from any of your girls. Mick said.

“All right, we’ll give you a glass but no dead blood today. Today is for the living.

Mick nodded. It was a day for the living. It was a day to give thanks.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Thanksgiving 1985 PG-13

Post by allegrita »

Oh, bless Josef for dragging grieving, despairing Mick out of that rathole, and forcing him to face life again! :hug: This is such a believable scenario, and it fits right in with your theory about family blood and vampire cravings. It makes a lot of sense to me that Coraline would have gone after little Beth whether Mick was in the picture or not--and we all know that having someone around to disapprove of our bad behavior keeps us all a little more honest than we'd be otherwise. (Even Josef! :laugh: )
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I liked this! Mick was determined to blame himself but Josef was able to shoot down every excuse Mick had until he ran out. Mick is so lucky to have such a friend as Josef in his eternal life. :hug:

Thanks for posting!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Alle - I thought since it was established and Cora and Beth had similarities it worked.

MLC - Josef hates wallowing and it was time for Mick to live again

Return to “cassysj's Office”