Noises (Ch.151, "Things That Go Bump...") - PG-13

A place for Librarian_7's G to PG-13 stories
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Noises (Ch.151, "Things That Go Bump...") - PG-13

Post by librarian_7 »

A little something for the “Things That Go Bump in the Night” challenge, #151.

Noises

“Oh, Mick,” Coraline moaned, with that little sexy catch in her voice he so loved to hear, “don’t—don’t—”

Mick lifted his head from the small, perfect breast where he had been so agreeably occupied, and swiveled his head around, listening.

"Stop." Coraline finished with obvious irritation her voice. She raised up on her elbows to look at him questioningly. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"Sssshh," he said. "I thought I heard something."

"Seriously? Now?"

He made an apologetic little motion with his shoulders. "This house bugs me," he said. "Too much glass. Anybody could break in here."

"Well, I certainly didn't hear anything," she replied, thinking, And trust me, buddy, my ears are a lot better than yours. She didn't really want to say that, though, so she only looked at him, waiting.

"I think I better go check it out," Mick said. "You wait here, baby. I'll be right back."

It was a little bit of an effort to keep a straight face, but he was so adorable when he was being all masculine and protective. She sighed, as he sat up, swinging his feet off the edge of the bed and looking around for his pants. The moonlight from the open window gave his tanned skin a sheen like polished bronze, and Coraline found the view enchanting, as always.

“Really, Mick, I'm sure it's nothing."

He held a finger to his lips to signal for silence, and said very quietly, "There. I'm sure I heard it again."

"It's probably just the house settling," she said. "It does that." But she kept her tone low for his sake.

He pointed at her. “You,” he said, “stay here. Don't move. I'll be right back." And he pulled up his pants and fastened them quickly, leaving the ends of his belt to trail, undone.

Coraline flopped back on the bed, annoyed. Granted she hadn't really been listening, but seriously, there was no way anyone had entered her house without her knowledge. It just wasn't possible.

She frowned and sat up, reaching for the négligée tossed carelessly on the chair beside the bed. She wanted to see where Mick had disappeared to. He was walking around the edge of the large glassed-in living room, checking the doors to the pool, peering out to see that there was no one trespassing on the grounds. Everything seemed tightly buttoned up, but he still had a bad feeling, as though something wasn't quite right. He'd already checked the kitchen door. There really wasn't much else that needed to be examined. He knew this glass and steel building was the latest thing in home design, but it was too exposed for his taste. He’d take something a little less fashionable, and more solid, any day.

A faint clicking noise, the heels of Coraline's marabou mules hitting the floor, told him that she was behind him. She slipped her arms around his waist, her hands coming up to tease his nipples, still pebbled hard from the coolness of the night air in the room. And the feel of her mouth against the skin of his shoulder blade reminded him acutely of other places she’d laid those lips. The first time or two they’d been together, he’d worried about the temperature of her skin, but she only laughed and told him she had a very warm heart. And then proceeded to drive the matter out of his mind.

“Hey,” he said softly, “we’re standing in a window.”

She laughed. “There's no one to see in. Now, come back to bed, loverboy. Let's pick up where we left off.” She dropped her hands to caress lower and lower and he grunted, distracted again.

“All right,” he said, “I suppose there's nothing out here.”

There was a faint thud, a scratching. Mick whipped his head around. “Did you hear that? That was something.”

Coraline laughed, showing her little pointed teeth. “That? That was a branch against the window, Mick,” she said. “Trust me, in this house, the last thing you need to be worried about are things that go bump in the night.”
Lucy
Ancient

Re: Noises (Ch.151, "Things That Go Bump...") - PG-13

Post by Lucy »

you got me at Mick and CORA! Then the mules.... I lost myself in their sensual moment. Thanks for letting me a voyeur into the glass house.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

How did you manage to make that story so hot and so chilling at the same time?! Poor Mick... he has no idea how right Coraline is. :Mickangel: I can see that scene so clearly... Mick prowling along that window-wall (on the inside, this time :winky: ), knowing how easy it is to get in... :confused2: And having no clue that the biggest predator of all is inside the house with him. :brr:

As a side note, I totally sympathize with Mick's feeling that Coraline's house is too vulnerable. My parents bought a gorgeous Midcentury Modern house when they moved to Southern California (all of us kids had moved out by that time). When they started traveling after my dad retired, I house-sat for them several times. I'll never forget the first night I spent alone in that huge house with all those floor-to-ceiling windows. I checked every window and door in every room at least twice before I finally felt safe enough to go to bed! :chair:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

This is so perfect, chilling and hot at the same time. I guess Mick's subconscious was out to warn him, but he looked at the wrong side of the glass.
Great Little Story.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Coraline laughed, showing her little pointed teeth. “That? That was a branch against the window, Mick,” she said. “Trust me, in this house, the last thing you need to be worried about are things that go bump in the night.”
So true, so true, unless you count what's bumping up against you in bed.

As francis said, Mick was looking on the wrong side of the glass, not knowing the real danger was right by his side.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Love that last line. How right she is! Mick will find out soon enough.

Great response to the challenge! :thumbs:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

Yes Coraline the mistress of seduction and misdirection. And Mick the quintessential 50's male thinking o protect the "little women" when she was the one he needed to be protected from all along.

Well done I could see and hear her little kitten heel mules on the cold floor.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Yes, Coraline is far more dangerous, especially to Mick, than he realized. I have a feeling that many of us would like to step back in time and dope slap him!
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Yes, much fun, Lucky.

What I love most is that, as the reader, we know more than Mick. We know exactly where the danger lies and want to warn him. Like he says, it's a glass house - it's clear for others to see in but he's blinded by the seduction. Reminds me of a poem: .....said the Spider to the Fly.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Thanks, GA. And Mick was such a tasty little fly...
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Great story, but seriously--what was Mick worried about??

Mick and Coraline were vampires. If someone were to break in, odds are they'd be human so there would probably be terror, girly screams and maybe a lot of blood but none of it would be coming from the vampires,
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

jen wrote:Great story, but seriously--what was Mick worried about??

Mick and Coraline were vampires. If someone were to break in, odds are they'd be human so there would probably be terror, girly screams and maybe a lot of blood but none of it would be coming from the vampires,
Well, I really intended it to be before Mick was turned.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Oops. Sorry.

My bad.

In that case, there is no way to warn him about the only thing he has to be afraid of here. He wouldn't listen.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Great story, lucky. Except for the part where he's in bed with Cora.... :snicker:

Seriously though, I loved the machismo of him going to protect his woman....if he only knew. :sigh:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Ah, yes...dramatic irony. :teeth:

Return to “Librarian_7's Office”