More Precious Than Life (PG) Challenge 135 1/13/2012

A place for Darkstarrising's G to PG-13 stories
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

More Precious Than Life (PG) Challenge 135 1/13/2012

Post by darkstarrising »

Another offering for the challenge, and once again, I don't own the characters, but am having way to much fun playing with them.

This is what might have happened after dinner on the rooftop

More Precious Than Life

“Buzzwire! I didn’t expect to see you tonight, especially not looking so glum. I thought you were spending some ‘quality time’ with Mick.”

“We had dinner, talked, then I left.”

“Wait, don’t tell me. You ate, he didn’t, although my guess is you were more than willing.”

“It’s not about his feeding, Josef…”

“Then what is it about?”

“I want to get closer to Mick, but he won’t let me. Why can’t he accept that I love him for who he is? Why won’t he…love me?”

“He does love you, Beth. He’s just afraid of hurting you.”

“Don’t you start….I’m sick of hearing about how dangerous human vampire relationships can be!”

“It’s the truth. The last such relationship Mick was in didn’t work out too well, at least for him.”

“Mick would never turn me against my will!”

“I agree. But he’s terrified that you’ll ask him to and then what does he do?”

“I’d never ask him to turn me.”

“Wouldn’t you? Beth, I’ve been around a long time and know something about humans and vampires. Mick? Coraline was a fool to turn him the way she did. Even if she had been honest with him, he should never have been turned. You, however, are a different story, one that’s still being written.”

“What should I do, Josef?”

“Give him time and maybe a little space. He’ll come around.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“Because you’re more precious to him than life itself. Believe me, I know.”
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: More Precious Than Life (PG) Challenge 135 1/13/2012

Post by allegrita »

Ohhh... that's exactly it. She doesn't know. She must suspect, but she doesn't KNOW. And Mick would never tell her. :hearts:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

DSR

This is wonderful.

There were many shifts in the show with the final four, and I think Josef changed from being against Mick and Beth's relationship to being more open to it. I agree that Beth has a streak in her that would do wonderfully as a vampire. I also think Josef has come to see that a Turned Beth could be the factor that helps Mick stop hating what he is now.

Fabulous answer to the Challenge!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

I love this, dsr! I've just read it twice. the conversation seems so natural, you really capture the spirit of them both beautifully. And the topic of converstation is just fascinating. I agree with Josef - Beth is a totally different vampire 'prospect' than Mick. Even though Josef thinks its obvious, he's aware that Beth isn't quite at that point yet. She thinks she'd never ask Mick. Well both Josef and Lola, two very experienced vampires, disagree. Would she? Will she? Will he? You leave us hanging. Great stuff.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

So true!!!! :clapping:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Awesome! Josef knows Beth and Mick so well, he really has a good outside perspective and can give them advice. He knows they both aren't at that point yet to make decisions. I love this!
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

oh yes, hit nail on the head dsr. Who better to tell Beth about Mick than his best friend, Josef has been there the whole time and so no one knows more than he how this has all affected Mick from Coraline to the turning, to them splitting to Beth and on and on
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

And Josef's wisdom continues to shine through...

Josef knows what Mick won't admit and what Beth doesn't realize yet - her path is all but set. Right now, Beth can't see herself asking Mick to Turn her, but Josef's lived a long time. He's seen a lot and he knows...neither of them are going to be able to be without the other.
darkstarrising wrote:“Because you’re more precious to him than life itself. Believe me, I know.”
This is so telling. Sometimes I think Mick is more enamored of Beth's humanity that of Beth herself, but...this is true. Beth as a vampire is better than no Beth at all.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Beth doesn't realize it but she is half-vampire already. Josef is right Mick is not the type for this life but Beth......that's a different story. This was such a natural conversation between the two of them
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Okay, first of all --
darkstarrising wrote:“Because you’re more precious to him than life itself. Believe me, I know.”
Awwwww!! That is such a sweet thing to say.

Secondly, I again agree that Beth is smart to go to Josef for some no-nonsense answers. Poor Mick is scared that he will hurt Beth like he was hurt, but the difference is (or will be) that Beth wants this. She should listen to Josef when he tells her that Mick will come around.

Nice, DSR!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

allegrita wrote:Ohhh... that's exactly it. She doesn't know. She must suspect, but she doesn't KNOW. And Mick would never tell her. :hearts:
thanks, alle :hug: It seems that part of Josef's job description is going to be translator for Mick and Beth. They'll say things to him that they won't or can't say to each other.
jen wrote:DSR

This is wonderful.

There were many shifts in the show with the final four, and I think Josef changed from being against Mick and Beth's relationship to being more open to it. I agree that Beth has a streak in her that would do wonderfully as a vampire. I also think Josef has come to see that a Turned Beth could be the factor that helps Mick stop hating what he is now.

Fabulous answer to the Challenge!

Thanks, Jenna :hug: Exactly!! Beth went up a few notches in Josef's estimation when she came to him about Dean Foster, and maybe, just maybe if Beth embraces her inner vampire, Mick will embrace his.
Thank you!

Jenna
Luxe de Luxe wrote:I love this, dsr! I've just read it twice. the conversation seems so natural, you really capture the spirit of them both beautifully. And the topic of converstation is just fascinating. I agree with Josef - Beth is a totally different vampire 'prospect' than Mick. Even though Josef thinks its obvious, he's aware that Beth isn't quite at that point yet. She thinks she'd never ask Mick. Well both Josef and Lola, two very experienced vampires, disagree. Would she? Will she? Will he? You leave us hanging. Great stuff.
Thanks, Luxe :hug: You're right - Beth hasn't quite understood her potential the way Josef or Lola does, but the begging question remains on whether she'll ever act on that potential :chin:
Lucy wrote:So true!!!! :clapping:
Thanks, Lucy :hug: Glad you enjoyed it!!
francis wrote:Awesome! Josef knows Beth and Mick so well, he really has a good outside perspective and can give them advice. He knows they both aren't at that point yet to make decisions. I love this!
Thanks, fracis :hug: Exactly!!! But that doesn't mean he can't nudge them along!!
SharonC wrote:oh yes, hit nail on the head dsr. Who better to tell Beth about Mick than his best friend, Josef has been there the whole time and so no one knows more than he how this has all affected Mick from Coraline to the turning, to them splitting to Beth and on and on
Thanks, SharonC :hug: Ah, yes...Josef has been around long enough and knows Mick well enough to understand what Beth could do for his friend.
PNWgal wrote:And Josef's wisdom continues to shine through...

Josef knows what Mick won't admit and what Beth doesn't realize yet - her path is all but set. Right now, Beth can't see herself asking Mick to Turn her, but Josef's lived a long time. He's seen a lot and he knows...neither of them are going to be able to be without the other.
This is so telling. Sometimes I think Mick is more enamored of Beth's humanity that of Beth herself, but...this is true. Beth as a vampire is better than no Beth at all.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Thanks, P'Gal :smooch: I think you're right...Mick still yearns for his lost humanity and Beth is looking for something more exciting. But should Beth choose to be turned, Mick might be able to finally let go of dream of being human again. BTW, you've quoted the key portion of the story...Josef is the one who turned Mick back and he alone saw the single tear fall.
cassysj wrote:Beth doesn't realize it but she is half-vampire already. Josef is right Mick is not the type for this life but Beth......that's a different story. This was such a natural conversation between the two of them
Thanks, Carol :hug: By the end of the series, I came to view Josef as something of a father figure to / partner in crime with Beth. They each love Mick in their own way and want the best for him.
Moonlighter wrote:Okay, first of all --
Awwwww!! That is such a sweet thing to say.

Secondly, I again agree that Beth is smart to go to Josef for some no-nonsense answers. Poor Mick is scared that he will hurt Beth like he was hurt, but the difference is (or will be) that Beth wants this. She should listen to Josef when he tells her that Mick will come around.

Nice, DSR!

Thanks, Moonlighter :hug: Ah, but it also shows that despite claims to the contrary, Josef does have regrets and having to turn Mick back may very well be one of them. After a rough start, Josef and Beth have come to respect each other and Beth realizes that Josef has more pieces of the puzzle that is Mick St. John than she does.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

How come I haven't commented on this piece, I loved it so much and read it so many times. :hearts: I might have gone lazy since I became a courtesan.. :laugh:
Such a lovely piece, DSR, so real Josef and Beth dialogue. I was totally amazed at Josef's last phrase..not that I didn't know, but I thought he would never say that to Beth.
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

maggatha3 wrote:How come I haven't commented on this piece, I loved it so much and read it so many times. :hearts: I might have gone lazy since I became a courtesan.. :laugh:
Such a lovely piece, DSR, so real Josef and Beth dialogue. I was totally amazed at Josef's last phrase..not that I didn't know, but I thought he would never say that to Beth.
Thanks, maggatha :hug: , but a Courtesan's life is very busy at times. Having Josef admit that to Beth was unusual, but so is his relationship with her. On one hand, Josef feels guilty for having to turn back Mick, but at the same time, he might be letting Beth know that she was responsible for making that re-turning necessary.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Josef may not know everything, but after four hundred years, he can probably guess the rest and come close.

Great answer to the challenge!!!

Thank you!

Jenna

Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

This is such perfect Beth and Josef

Return to “Darkstarrising's Office”