Ghosts of Halloween - PG Challenge 110

A place for Darkstarrising's G to PG-13 stories

Re: Ghosts of Halloween - PG Challenge 110

Postby MickLifeCrisis » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:19 pm

Time and rereads don't seem to diminish the tears any :hankie: , but they don't diminish this fantastic story, either. It truly stands the test of time.

:hug: :thanks:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
MickLifeCrisis
Cleaner

Postby darkstarrising » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:16 pm

MickLifeCrisis wrote:Time and rereads don't seem to diminish the tears any :hankie: , but they don't diminish this fantastic story, either. It truly stands the test of time.

:hug: :thanks:

Thanks so much, MLC :hug: I appreciate the re-read and compliment - it caused me to go back and read it again. I'd have loved to see it on the screen. :cloud9:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Postby Luxe de Luxe » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:25 pm

Thanks to MLC for bumping this!

DSR, how did I miss this the first time around? Such a beautiful story. I’m so glad you gave Beth the consolation of a family after Mick died off camera, leaving a big hole for Beth and your reader. That off camera death was truly shocking and disorienting for your reader but it was balanced by Beth’s strength- she survives, does very well for herself professionally, is a wonderful mother and finally goes out on her own terms. Thank you for the very satisfying ending to this lovely fic. I don’t believe in life after death myself, but this fic brought home to me how comforting that belief must be to those who hold it. I do hope you are still writing.

Luxe xx
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Postby Ella713 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:10 pm

:hankie: What a wonderful story!! dsr you've outdone yourself. This story showed Beth's undying love for Mick. I'm speechless............... :hankie:
Ella713
Rogue vampire

Postby darkstarrising » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Luxe de Luxe wrote:Thanks to MLC for bumping this!

DSR, how did I miss this the first time around? Such a beautiful story. I’m so glad you gave Beth the consolation of a family after Mick died off camera, leaving a big hole for Beth and your reader. That off camera death was truly shocking and disorienting for your reader but it was balanced by Beth’s strength- she survives, does very well for herself professionally, is a wonderful mother and finally goes out on her own terms. Thank you for the very satisfying ending to this lovely fic. I don’t believe in life after death myself, but this fic brought home to me how comforting that belief must be to those who hold it. I do hope you are still writing.

Luxe xx

Thanks, Luxe :hug: It's interesting to see how various people respond to this story, especially its ending. Some, like yourself, see the story literally, that Mick died and Beth went on to a full life without him all the while missing him. Others see Beth falling asleep as she waits for Mick to come back from an 'errand' and that she dreams of a life without Mick, one in which she finds fulfillment in her job, her adopted daughter and granddaughter. Which did I intend? Whichever one gives the reader the greater satisfaction is fine by me. :whistle:

As for writing, yes, I am. It's just that developing an interesting story is far more difficult when your working with original characters. I'm about 2/3 finished, but writing comes in fits and starts. It would be so much easier if one could schedule creativity!! :snicker:

Ella713 wrote::hankie: What a wonderful story!! dsr you've outdone yourself. This story showed Beth's undying love for Mick. I'm speechless............... :hankie:

Thanks, Ella :hug: I'm glad you enjoyed the story!!
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Previous

Return to Darkstarrising's Office