Black Friday (Champagne Challenge #135) PG

A place for Allegrita's G to PG-13 stories
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Black Friday (Champagne Challenge #135) PG

Post by allegrita »

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc., are the property of their respective owners. The plot is the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's note: In a way, this is actually kind of a double-Challenge response. I had the germ of an idea for a Holiday Challenge story, but I just couldn't find the time. So the basic idea was inspired by Champagne Challenge #133, and the story was brought to life as a conversation under #135. Rated PG.

Black Friday

“I came as soon as I got your text.”

“Hey, Mick. I really need a favor.”

“What’s the trouble, Logan? How can I help?”

“It’s Black Friday, man.”

“So?”

“So I’ve got a line on a 65-inch plasma, full HD, HDMI, the works. I’ve got a guy, he’s been camping out at Best Buy for three days.”

“Sounds like you’re good to go. What’s the problem?”

“Well, he just called. He’s sick. Man, I told him not to pack tuna sandwiches.”

“Gee, Logan, that’s, uh… that’s a real shame. So he had to give up his spot?”

“Yeah. The guy in front of him said he’d hold his place, but I dunno. And anyway, who could I get at this time of night? Nah – it’s hopeless.”

“Don’t say that, Logan. You’re one of the smartest people I know.”

“Hey, you want some? It’s B positive.”

“Thanks, I’m fine.”

“Suit yourself.”

“Logan, why can’t you go down there? Maybe the guy really did save your place.”

“Me? Go down there?”

“Yeah. Why not?”

“The sun’s gonna come up.”

“So? We don’t burst into flames, you know.”

“Hey, I was pale even before I was turned.”

“I bet you were… Okay, so if I buy you this TV, what’s in it for me?”

“A month of services?”

“What if I don’t need you during that month? Make it ten jobs. No time limit.”

“You drive a hard bargain. But… it’s a deal.”

“Okay. I’ll call you.”

“Hey.”

“Yeah?”

“Thanks, Mick.”

“You’re welcome.”
<>
Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Black Friday (Champagne Challenges #133 and #135) PG

Post by Shadow »

What a great piece for Logan. I always had the impression that he was a lot more fearful of sunlight than your average vampire, and that he probably never went out in it! I can just hear him saying "The sun's gonna come up . . . "

Mick obviously doesn't get the importance of this Black Friday deal. I love how he shows remarkable patience with Logan's obsession, but also makes sure he gets some good compensation for helping out. ;)
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

Shadow's right, Alle. :hug: It's such a day to day conversation, but so very them. The way that they all related to each other, and the world around them, is a HUGE part of what made the show tic for me. :flowers: Thank you for sharing this. :heart:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:rolling: I would not be caught dead at a Black Friday mob fest! Apparently Logan would not be caught undead at one... :snicker:

But good ol' Mick... :hearts:
He'll do anything for a friend. :cloud9:
And if I knew he'd be there, I'd go stand on line with him... not to buy anything, just to stand on line with Mick. :devil:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

I love Logan, so thank you for this. I can so see him asking Mick to do this.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
LaughtersMelody
Freelance freshie

Post by LaughtersMelody »

This is wonderful! :teeth: You captured Mick's and Logan's voices *perfectly*, as well as the way they interact. I can so imagine them having this conversation!

Fabulous work!

-Laughter

My Fanfiction Office.

Jesus is Lord.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Black Friday (Champagne Challenge #135) PG

Post by francis »

Perfect story! So Logan really wants that tv, huh? I guess the one time that Logan would need Mick's help would be over some electronics. Mick has a good advantage: He can stare down the people who wouldn't let him take Logan's place on line, and all the female people on line would faint and so the line would be shorter.
:snicker:

Logan has on-line-problems. How fitting!
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I liked how Logan didn't actually come right out and ask Mick to pick up the TV for him. He just sort of hung it out there and waited for Mick to offer to do it. Which he (and we) knew Mick would do. So I'm glad Mick was also able to get something out of the deal! And who knows - maybe Logan will invite Mick over to watch the TV. :snicker:

This was a cute one, Alle... and very in character. Thanks! :thumbs:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Geez, I think Mick was way too easy on him. Next time, I bet Mick drives a harder bargain...I can't imagine standing in line, and fighting the crowds, is really his thing.

Then again, he could do that sexy vampire jumping thing to get to the head of the line...
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Alle

This is great (and may be the 1,500th story?)

Logan would be desperate about something involving computers, guitar hero, or TVs and I love how Mick is willing to work with him. So much for the evil vampire rep. These are just good people, helping each other out and getting a bit of payback in return.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Thanks, everyone! This one had been rattling around in my head but I just couldn't make it work. I'm so glad we had this challenge, so I could finally write it down!

Shadow, that's my theory, too. I figure that Logan's okay to go outside at night, but ultra sun-phobic. :snicker: And I pictured Mick hiding his grin behind his hand a lot in this story. :winky:

choccyterri, thank you! The beauty of Moonlight was often in the rich details, wasn't it? :hearts:

wpgrace, yeah, I think there'd be a line of people waiting to stand on line with Mick. :teeth:

Luxe de Luxe, I'm so glad you liked it! It's just a little trifle, but it felt like something that might happen in their lives.

LaughtersMelody, thanks so much! :hug:

francis, I would love to see how Mick handles the crush of people at a sale like this. I think his vamp coolness would help a lot. :thumbs:

MickLifeCrisis, yeah, he just hoped REAL HARD Mick would take the bait. :snicker: Mick's such a good guy, but on the other hand, I figure that since Logan always has his hand out when Mick asks him to do work, Mick would demand some payment in return for the favor. :teeth: And thanks--I'm so glad it sounded true to them!

librarian_7, I would pay money to see that. :melts: :melts: :melts:

jen, yep... it was the 1500th story, which makes me happy. :hearts: I absolutely see Logan and Mick in the kind of relationship you described. :yes:
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

Logan knows a man who can get the job done, no matter what the mission. Mick, always willing to help out a friend in need. I mean a 65 inch screen, you really have to go all out for that
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Thanks Sharon! :hug: I agree... you have to go all out... or get somebody to do it for you. :winky:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

a month of free services for shopping on Black Friday..... man that's a hard bargain. :thanks: for the fun!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

LOL--I'm not sure who got the better end of that bargain. There'll be some sacrifice on both sides! :snicker:

Return to “Allegrita's Office”