Four Years (M/B, Champagne Challenge #131) - PG

A place for Allegrita's G to PG-13 stories
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Four Years (M/B, Champagne Challenge #131) - PG

Post by allegrita »

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The plot is the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Rating: PG

Author's Note: Ever since I posted the "Four Years" Champagne Challenge prompt, I've had an image in my mind of Mick and Beth at the Pacific Design Center, revisiting the fountain. :hearts: And this morning, this little snippet popped into my head. Happy Moonlight anniversary, everyone. :ghug:

Four Years

It's been four years since we met... or met again, whatever. Four years of stopping and starting, reaching out and pushing away. Four years of meeting up under the weirdest circumstances - in the morgue, at a crime scene, at a trendy hot spot. We come from different directions and we end up in the same place.

I think the universe has been shouting in my ear for a long time. And it's time I did something about it.

So tonight, I've invited her to have dinner with me at Arbor Bistro. And after dinner, we're gonna go back to that fountain. It's got red lights now instead of blue, but it's still beautiful at night. And the water's still freezing cold at three in the morning. Beth doesn't seem to mind the cold much, though. She's gotten used to frosty wake-ups in the past few years.

Josef's arranged for the night guard to have something very important to investigate on the other side of the Pacific Design Center, right around the time Beth and I are due to arrive, so we won't have anybody bugging us when we take off our shoes and go wading. And when she's ankle deep in that cold water, that's when I'm gonna pull out the ring. I hope I don't drop it.

I hope she says yes. I'm pretty sure she will. Because she's always been the one who could see the path through all the obstacles that separate us. She's been the one lighting my way through the night for a long, long time.
<>

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Four Years (M/B, Champagne Challenge #131) - PG

Post by francis »

Just wonderful, alle!!!
:hearts: :hug:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Thank you so much, francis! :smooch:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Reading this again, the line that grabs me is, "I hope I don't drop it." :snicker: Yeah, because that would totally blow the "perpetually cool" thing, Mick!

So very sweet, Alle...

Thanks!

Lucky
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

You've captured what I wish we could have seen at the end of season two or three....a surrender to what he knows is right
Because she's always been the one who could see the path through all the obstacles that separate us. She's been the one lighting my way through the night for a long, long time.
And she always will!!

Thanks, alle :hug:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Lucky, thanks for your nice comment. That line made me smile too. Silly vamp. :laugh: Of course he won't drop the ring. And of course she'll say yes! :eyeroll:

DSR, I'm glad you quoted that part, because it's the essence of why they will work. Beth truly is the light-bringer for Mick. She shows him the way, and her steadfastness is his anchor in a sea (or a fountain) :winky: of uncertainty. :hearts:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Alle

This is so lovely!!!

Direct. To the point. And a beautifully romantic return to the fountain where it all began.

The red lights on the fountain are so appropriate.

Thank you!
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Jenna, thank you so much! I think it's the kind of thing Mick would do. I think of him as being pretty sentimental, although he probably wouldn't admit it. :rose:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Aw, how sweet! And yes, how Mick, to go back to the fountain. Beth probably wonders what took him so long, though. :laugh: I'm sure she'll say yes. :cloud9:

Thanks for the treat, Alle!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

oh my god, this is.... I LOVE this. I think I was going awwww right from the very first words and yet his intention to propose was still a wonderful surprise. This made me fall in love with him all over again.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

MLC, thank you. I'm sure she will, too. But you know Mick... he's always gonna doubt things. Silly vampire. :winky:

Luxe, thank you so much! I'm honored that you felt that way... I do love him. I love them both. And I want to see them happy. :heart:
Kara
Fledgling

Post by Kara »

Lovely. Just lovely. :hearts: Finally Mick took the leap, albeit took him 4 yrs. :mdrama: Hopefully, he'll give her forever too. :ghug:

Thank you. :flowers:
fairytoes
Rogue vampire

Post by fairytoes »

Oh Allegrita, thank you sooo much for this wonderful, beautiful little story! Exactely what I needed today, a little bit of Mick/Beth love. :hearts: :heart:
Wonderful Banner by Redwinter
Gorgeous Avi by Lilly
Thank you!
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

What an old softie Mick is..... not every man gets the urge to do a romantic destination engagement.
Good for Mick! Great for Beth, their future is bright and as dancing as the waters they're visiting tonight.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Kara, fairytoes, and Lucy, thank you so much for your kind comments! I go back and forth on whether Mick would ever turn Beth. I've got a nearly-finished fic that I have never been able to complete, partly because I keep changing my mind. :snicker:

But as far as this little voiceover is concerned, I really think Mick would go the romantic route if he asked Beth. He's a softie down deep. :hearts: :rose:

Return to “Allegrita's Office”