Drabble: Rooftop Kiss (Beth and Mick) Rated PG-13

A place for Allegrita's G to PG-13 stories
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Drabble: Rooftop Kiss (Beth and Mick) Rated PG-13

Post by allegrita »

Shadow, thank you so much. That's just what it was, I think - an epiphany. Finally she realized what he meant about difficult, dangerous and complicated. And to Beth, it was all worth it. Maybe even more, since he'd turned back for her.

I swear, Beth needs kicking out of her self-centeredness sometimes, but she is an amazing person. So strong, and so amazingly adaptable. I just love her, flaws and all.

Lucy, thanks so much! It was quite a kiss, wasn't it? Beth's a lucky woman. And Mick's a lucky man, despite everything. There aren't many women who could deal with Mick's moodiness, nor his dangerousness. Beth's fearlessness is the perfect foil for Mick. She inspires him to behave as she trusts him to behave. He lives up to her expectations for love of her. :heart:
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Spot ON, Alle. That is exactly what I imagined must have been going on in her head. That grip Mick had on her. Her initial struggle.

Lord knows, as much as Beth must have yearned for exactly that, she must have been thinking it would be crazy to indulge unless Mick was going to try for an actual relationship. But hey, if he's going to insist....
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Was this the moment of Beth finally understanding the difference in being in the arms of a vampire versus being in the arms of a normal man?

She had been so sure that appearances reflected the undeniable truth, that this lovely, fascinating man was no different from Josh yet in this moment, when Mick caught her hand and pulled her into this kiss, there was no denial of the strength and power she was dealing with and she struggled briefly against it. She had, to my mind at least in that moment, convinced him to take a chance and he asked her to give him some time to figure it out.

And she replied, 'just don't take too long. You may have forever, but I don't'

:melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

GuardianAngel, my sincere apologies for not responding earlier to your wonderful comment. Thank you for that insight - I agree with you that this was a tipping point in their relationship. In Beth's mind, either they really made a go of things, or she was gonna stop trying. And by grabbing her and physically stopping her from escaping his grasp, Mick established not just his determination to try to make the relationship work... he also made a clear, vampire-style declaration that Beth was HIS woman. And that he would fight for her. (Even if the person he had to fight was Beth herself!)

I've never thought that was a romantic kiss. I described it in another story as "World War III," and from Mick's point of view I think that's what it was. It was a fight. And he won. But the way he won was to surrender to his feelings for Beth. Because it wasn't just a physical struggle: the physical struggle reflected a mental struggle with himself. Mick had to acknowledge that Beth was his woman. He had to surrender to love.

I've been thinking a lot about the end of Sonata, too... and I think I understand why Beth said "I don't think I can do this anymore." Mick asked for time, but after that passionate kiss and that admission, he retreated, big-time. There were no more kisses, no serious discussions, no advancements made in their relationship, for weeks. Beth tried to give him space, because he'd asked for that. But he wouldn't let her in: not emotionally, not intellectually, not physically. He kept all the vampire secrets from her, and he wouldn't even court her properly. Beth made a huge commitment to Mick at the end of Click, but Mick never even knew about it. And the experience with Jacob must have brought back so many terrible memories for her... she was already on emotional thin ice. And then, with all the traumas that took place during Sonata, I think Beth just lost the will to keep beating on that wall Mick had built around himself. So she sent him away. And Mick realized that the kiss had only been a small first step - he needed to say the words out loud, to himself as well as to Beth. "I love you." We all know that when they closed the door to Beth's apartment and Moonlight ended, Mick and Beth hadn't solved all their problems. They didn't go on into "happily ever after." But they were moving into "together, through thick and thin." And that's the only way to make a real relationship work.

Jenna, thank you for that lovely comment. I do think that this was the beginning of Beth's true understanding and acceptance of Mick. The whole Mick. If he had followed up on the promise of that kiss, if he'd begun to court her, and to help her understand more about his vampire world, she would have been more prepared for the things that happened in Sonata, and they might not have had that shattering conversation where she sent him away. But then again, our lovers never have been that good at talking about the really important stuff till there's a crisis. :eyeroll: So maybe Mick needed that horrible moment in the hall, with his head against the wall, to force him to go back in there and tell her what they both needed to hear. :heart:
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

Love Beth's POV thank you for taking us there. Agree 100% that this the moment Beth got the Mick is a vampire not an ordinary man. I like that she hesitated just a bit before giving in to his kiss.

Return to “Allegrita's Office”