Drabble: Rooftop Kiss (Beth and Mick) Rated PG-13

A place for Allegrita's G to PG-13 stories
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Drabble: Rooftop Kiss (Beth and Mick) Rated PG-13

Post by allegrita »

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc., are the property of their respective owners. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's note: I think coco inspired this drabble... I've been watching a lot of her vids lately.

Beth's impressions of that kiss on the rooftop. Rated PG-13.

Rooftop Kiss

Oh, god, I’d forgotten how strong he is.

There’s no escape from the crush of his arms around me, the cold harshness of his lips on mine. He kisses me as if he wants to consume me – and struggle as I might, I can’t get away.

No! This isn’t what I wanted! Let me go!

But he’s merciless, his arms like iron, his body hard against mine. He’s a vampire. He kept telling me, and finally I realize what he means.

His mouth is softer now, insistent, his arms relaxing as I stop my struggling. And… I’m kissing him back.
maggatha3
Ancient

Re: Drabble: Rooftop Kiss (Beth and Mick) Rated PG-13

Post by maggatha3 »

:clapping: Keep watching coco's videos, allegrita....
I have always wished we would hear Beth's thoughts-just like you wrote them- on that kiss in the beginning of the ''Click'' episode..I am still amazed at the depth hidden behind every little scene of that series!

:flowers:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

This is just a little bite of deliciousness, Alle. :cloud9:
allegrita wrote:He’s a vampire. He kept telling me, and finally I realize what he means.
Those two lines sum it up perfectly. Mick's a vampire, and Beth struggling like prey is going to bring that part of him to the forefront. When she stops fighting him, the vampire stops wanting to dominate and...the two parts come together nicely.

Lovely. :heart:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I agree with PNWGal. This sums it up perfectly. Beth is beginning to understand they are different.
He’s a vampire. He kept telling me, and finally I realize what he means.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

The Rooftop Kiss title drew me in. :biggrin:

This is wonderful, Alle. I had the same reaction to reading this as I do every time I watch the scene. Goosebumps. :happysigh:

It's lovely to think my vids inspired this. Hopefully one day there will be some new ones to inspire all over again. :fingerscrossed: :rose:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Thanks, ladies--it was wonderful to get that "Go write this down! NOW!" feeling. It started out quite a bit longer, but as I pared away the unnecessary stuff it became obvious that this was a drabble. I guess inside every long story there's a short one struggling to escape, huh? :laugh:

maggatha3, thanks so much! I love it when Beth talks to me. :hearts:

PNWgal, thank you. That really is the essence, isn't it? Mick's a vampire, not a man with pretty eyes and sharp teeth. The more I think about it, the more I think that Mick's plea for time to figure it all out was also a warning to Beth that she was also gonna have to figure it all out, if they were to make it work.

cassysj, I'm glad you liked that part--in my head, it's the center of the story. Everything grew from the first line, and that one.

coco, thank you again for the inspiration--and for the goosebumps! :hearts: I hope for everyone's sake that your life calms down to the point where you have time to do more videos, but the ones you've already given us are wonderful, and I'm grateful for all of them. :hug:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Alle

This is fabulous.

I know that 'we would have learned about this if there had been a Season 2' is, to a large extent, a blanket statement that we use for just about everything Moonlight related--and I'm about to use it again. Yes, Mick is different, very different, yet even though the rules are very different for him the connection between Mick and Beth still captivates us (well, some of us).

Beautifully done! Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Thanks, Jen, for reading and commenting. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and yes... I agree that, had there been a Season 2, Beth's education into the world of vampires would have been an important part of the arc of that season.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I read this early this morning, and I'm just now getting back to comment.

This is wonderful, Alle, thank you for giving it to us. It's certainly a moment we all have mulled over in our thoughts.

Now, Alle's muse, we know you're in there, so give her some more to write!

Lucky
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Wonderfully done!!! You have birthday and we get presents, that sounds just right! :flowers:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Thank you so much, Lucky and francis! It feels so good to be writing. I'm negotiating with my muse on a few more, too... so hopefully, there will be more stories soonish.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Alle, I was so thrilled to see this -- not only because it's such a lovely little piece of writing, but also because it's from you. :hug:
If I'm being honest, this kiss has always made me uncomfortable. Not a popular opinion, I know. :tomato: To me, there was just so much more going on there than the two of them finally coming together in a storybook moment, and you have captured that in this piece. I think the economy of words here works perfectly for such a confusing, emotionally charged moment.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Lilly, thank you so much. :hug: That kiss was anything but a storybook kiss in my mind. It was a battle, and only at the very end of it did Beth stop struggling. I've written about that kiss at least twice before from Mick's POV, but never from Beth's. She finally had something to say about it, and I'm just glad I had the computer with me so I could take notes.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Wow, I love this. And in general I don't care for drabbles at all.
Somehow you've made it the perfect length for this subject, though. And it's such a great insight into what Beth must have been feeling during that kiss. I love the idea that she had such an epiphany in the middle of it. . . that's the perfect explanation. It was such a delight to get Beth's point of view!
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Everyone....needs a rooftop kiss like that.

Return to “Allegrita's Office”