Drabble: Aftermath (Beth's POV) (Rated G)

A place for Allegrita's G to PG-13 stories
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Drabble: Aftermath (Beth's POV) (Rated G)

Post by allegrita »

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's note: This drabble was inspired by the looks Mick and Beth exchange as Mick hugs Leni in Fever.

Drabble: Aftermath

I saved you, again. You saved me, again. But now you’re holding Leni in your arms, comforting her while I hold this bloody washcloth to my arm.

Why don’t you help me up? You killed him to save me, and now you leave me sprawled here where I got shoved?

“I feel better,” you say. Yeah, you sure look better. You look wonderful. You look… full of life. Full of me. My wrist throbs like a heartbeat where you…

Something happened in that room, Mick. We shared something. Doesn’t that count for anything?

What does that sweet little half-smile mean?
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Re: Drabble: Aftermath (Rated G)

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

I have to say Alle, I always did wonder why he didn't rush to help her up. And yes, those moments where where it was all happening in the unspoken looks. Thanks for fleshing this one out.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
kpyle
Freelance freshie

Post by kpyle »

There are so many little moments that I wondered why they did it that way! Just little things like this one! So glad you brouhgt this out. It did seem strange to me also that he left her there on the floor!! Thanks!!

Kelly
Thank you Pinkie for my Amazing Banner!
janicevictoria
Fledgling

Post by janicevictoria »

Hi Alle, Thought I might have been the only one who was thinking those same thoughts of that scene in Fever...
This line is so good
“I feel better,” you say. Yeah, you sure look better. You look wonderful. You look… full of life. Full of me.
Yeah! What's that all about Mick?!

Thanks to Pinkiepie for my lovely banner
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Alle, this inspired me enough to write a response, with your permission.

It's at viewtopic.php?f=149&t=4382

And I hope it's a worthy companion piece.

Lucky
mitzie
Courtesan

Re: Drabble: Aftermath (Beth's POV) (Rated G)

Post by mitzie »

I always wondered why Mick didn't help her up too!! Thank you for this powerful and realistic POV!!!! :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :whistle: :slaphead: :angel: :Mickangel: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :heart: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Luxe de Luxe, yeah, that look they exchanged has bothered me for a long time. I'm glad you liked it.

kpyle, thanks! She looks very upset in that short little scene. I comfort myself by thinking that he goes to her as soon as Leni lets go of him... after they turn off the camera, of course... :snicker:

janicevictoria, I'm really glad you liked that line. :hug: Beth's getting a clue about why it's so important. It's not just that she saved him--she's part of him now.

librarian_7, I'm honored and very pleased that you felt inspired to write a response. And it's a wonderful look into Mick's head. Thanks Lucky! :hearts:

mitzie, thank you so much! I'm glad this piece spoke to you.
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Alle, you picked a scene that many of us have questioned before. It didn't make sense that Mick would not help Beth up after she was shoved to the floor, but you know what? It was a consistent thing because later in LLF when Beth is down on the ground outside the BioNalysis building after being shot at, Mick comes back around the car and rather than offering her a hand up, he just asks (from his standing position), "Are you okay?" Hmmm, as much as the writers wrote Mick as a true gentleman and protector of Beth, they dropped the ball on those two scenes. And don't even get me started on the missed opportunity of the hand holding in the "Come here" scene in TMC. Maybe that's why they focused on the clasped hands so much in FTP when Beth was leaving the rooftop...

Anyway, great drabble with Beth's thoughts echoing many of ours!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Moonlighter, I never thought about that--you're right. I don't know why they wrote these scenes that way... Mick is usually so solicitous of Beth. In any case, I'm glad you liked this little drabble. And isn't Lucky's response great?
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Huh? (rubbing eyes) How did I miss this? It wasn't even in my spreadsheet. Maybe I confused it with another story of the same title and never gave it a second glance. Major omission, here! Sorry! :dizzy:

This is so poignant to what Beth might have felt then. Her look was confused, hurt, dazed, a bit proud, and a bit freaked out. You captured it in few words wonderfully.
I'm so glad I finally found this.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Love this!

So Beth wondered why he was not more attentive to her after what she had done for him.

The experience was clearly painful for her. He was either unable or unwilling to make it a pleasurable experience for her, but though the pain and the aftermath, she had him back.

Mick was alive.

That was Beth's victory here.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

VERY good point, Jenna. That was the goal, wasn't it?? And Mick's discomfort with the whole thing was only to be expected... silly vamp. :roll: It's a good thing Beth is patient, huh? :teeth:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Those little half smiles of his speak volumes, only different everytime, right? I love the way you read and write down her thoughts.. :flowers:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Alex has such an amazing ability to portray a million thoughts and feelings just with his facial expressions... and he did that beautifully in this scene. You could see the embarrassment, confusion, apology, gratitude... all flitting across his face in an instant. And Sophia gave us the same thing for Beth: pain, fear, relief, and a bit of jealousy... a "why her, and not me?!" look.

That's one of the (zillions of) things I love about the show--how much they packed into those little, unspoken moments.

Return to “Allegrita's Office”