Girl Talk (Slash, Coraline/Cynthia, PG)

A place for Allegrita's G to PG-13 stories
jen
Cleaner

Re: Girl Talk (Slash, Coraline/Cynthia, PG)

Post by jen »

It is so interesting to revisit fic and see different things there.

We are, after all, slightly different every time we read them so I suppose it is natural that we see different facets of the characters and situations presented.

This time, I was struck with how sad this is. Cynthia and Coraline have a shared past, and while they have each grown and changed over the centuries, those roles remain and form the basis of their current relationship. As the world has changed around them, it is one thing that has remained constant and over time became more important to both of them.

Cynthia was correct in her assessment that Mick and Coraline together was a bad idea, but for different reasons. She needed reassurance that her place in Coraline's life remained secure.

Nicely done.

Thank you.

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Girl Talk (Slash, Coraline/Cynthia, PG)

Post by allegrita »

Jenna and Marigold, thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I always thought of Cynthia as a strong person who was forced by circumstances into a submissive role... but she wasn't a weak person by any means. I agree, Jenna, that this story is kind of sad, because Cynthia is the essence of a true friend and Coraline truly doesn't appreciate her at this moment. But as time goes on, I believe she will. Marigold, thanks for the comment on ballet. I think that the actress who played Cynthia was amazingly graceful, and I can just see her as a ballerina... I'm glad you liked that little touch. :hearts:

Return to “Allegrita's Office”