Fever Dream (M/B, PG-13)

A place for Allegrita's G to PG-13 stories
soby05
Mortal

Re: Fever Dream (M/B, PG-13)

Post by soby05 »

allegrita, l really enjoy reading it!!! This is a good one, I read it over and over again can't have enough!!

kisses :heart:

soby
selene.sbp
Kostan Industries intern

Post by selene.sbp »

soby05 wrote:allegrita, l really enjoy reading it!!! This is a good one, I read it over and over again can't have enough!!

I`m agree with you, my dear Soby

I love the mixture of pain and pleasure :hearts: . This is what I saw in the faces of Beth and Mick.
I love this scene, you have made me dream :melts: :melts:

Thanks Allegritta :smooch:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Soby and selene, thank you both so much for reading my story, and for your comments! It makes me so happy that this, my first little story, is still being read... :hearts: :ghug:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Oh I'm so glad that this was bumped up. I so love this missing scene. It doesn't sugar glaze anything, there's pain, fear and horror, but it's not in what Mick does primarily but in the thought that Beth could lose him. That he could hurt her badly and doesn't is one of the greatest things in the show. He's powerful, but he's gentle.
his horrifying eyes were full of horror at the thought of feeding on her.
This phrase struck me this time.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Thank you, francis! That's my favorite line in the whole story. :hug: :smooch:
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Oh Alle, I'm so glad someone bumped this up! :happysigh: What a fabulous first fic you wrote! I love the description. If I hadn't seen the scene, your descriptions would have painted the picture for me. And I love how you filled in the blanks. The feelings and emotions feel very in line with the Mick and Beth we saw on TV. I miss them, but these kinds of stories keep ML alive for us. Thanks! :hug:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Alle, I absolutely adore this! It fills in the blanks the writers couldn't fill in because of time constraints. Will you continue this? You are extremely gifted in conveying what went on behind the scenes in our episodes. I can tell you I won't be able to open the thread up fast enough if you do continue these. Superb work! :hyper2: :yahoo: :cheer: :clapping:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

HotMicks, thank you so much! I love that you love my firstborn story. :hearts:

wollstonecraft61, now you've got me all thinking and stuff! It's been forever since I wrote this, but there are a bunch of blanks still left in this story... hmm... I'll think about it. I'm in the middle of a story now, but I will definitely think about it. Thank you so much for the compliment, and for encouraging me! :hug:
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Tam »

This is fantastic :)
I love the descriptions. It's such an intense scene.

I'm slowly catching up with all the wonderful stuff on the forum so expect more belated comments to old story-threads from me ;)
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

Tam wrote:This is fantastic :)
I love the descriptions. It's such an intense scene.

I'm slowly catching up with all the wonderful stuff on the forum so expect more belated comments to old story-threads from me ;)
And I'm there behind you Tam... somewhere behind lol!
Alle wrote:lynnrxgal, yeah--this is the episode that clinched the love of Moonlight for so many. It's the one that got me writing...for which I will be eternally grateful! I feel like my entire life has changed because of Moonlight. My world certainly expanded...
Oh so true!!! :heart:

Alle I can't tell you how moving this is, on so many levels! I saw earlier today in the thread you started about Fever that it inspired you to write fic... so to find the very fic is an amazing experience in and of itself! All the more so that the very first fic I ever read was actually one of yours. And as you said, Fever, and this very scene, is what marked the final point of no return for so many of us, myself included. It makes it an all the more wonderful experience to be able to get into their minds and hearts in this way: this is really the way it feels to me, because your descriptions of what they are going through feel spot on. And the "missing scene" at the end feels right too, so true to them.
To pick an aspect that hasn't already been discussed, I love the way the sudden break in their connection, as Mick's mind snaps back to reality, marks the transition between the two parts of your story. True enough it could hardly be any other way, but still it feels fitting and natural. And the suddeness of it makes it so poignant, almost painful. I also love the way you gently hint at his future retreat, the way you portray his inability to face her so ashamed he feels. :Mickangel:
And yes, I can totally see Beth opting for the "let's talk concrete" route to try stop him from dwelling on it...
This is a story I am definitely going to give many re-reads! :cloud9:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Tam, my belated thanks to you for reading and commenting. I'm so glad you like my stories. :hearts:

Diane31, I saw your comments on the Fever discussion thread yesterday, but I was away from home and didn't have time to respond to them. I will do so today. And I'm so grateful to you for your comments on this story. It is dear to me, since it's my firstborn, so to speak... and if it helped you get into their minds and hearts, as you said, then I'm completely happy. That's one of the things I love about the show: it gave us so many opportunities to look behind the things we saw onscreen, or extend them in time.

I like the way you describe the sudden break in my story marking a transition. It's what I was going for... a hard landing as they both crash back to earth, in a way, after he feeds from her. The connection is definitely there, but so is the massive load of guilt weighing Mick down. The voiceover at the end of the episode captures both aspects so perfectly... the pull-push that constantly draws them together and forces them apart. Beth can't understand why he's so overwhelmed by guilt here, because she doesn't yet know who he is, what he represents in her life. And although he's talking about much more than Beth's danger at his hands (and teeth) in that final voiceover, he's also admitting to himself that he is dangerous to her, both because he's a vampire and because he lives a dangerous life. Being near her really does put her in danger. But what he doesn't fully realize at this point is that Beth's a danger junkie--that's why she became a crime reporter. And not only that, but she's a very persistent woman, and she's not going to give up without a fight. Beth came to a big realization in this episode, too. When she thought Mick had died, she realized that her feelings for him were a lot deeper than she had thought... and she's not gonna let him shut her out of his life. (And neither is fate... as Mick will discover at the beginning of Arrested Development!)
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

Yes, I'm totally with you with the danger not being merely consisting in the obvious, like going too far while feeding on her. :rose: As you say, the incident reminds him he is leading a dangerous life, and he probably tends to forget that Beth does so irrespective of his being around or not. Or maybe he does realise at some level that she's a danger junkie, and that frightens him in its own right, I don't know? Anyway, I have the feeling that there is another form of danger in his mind, although it's only in AD we see it when Beth confronts him. Even before he feeds on her he is not without expecting that even if all goes well, the experience will strengthen their connection; and in his eyes, no matter how much he would want to be with her for his own sake, that means the risk that she might give up for him the kind of life he's always wanted for her, a normal, human life. What do you think?
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, definitely. I see that as a big concern of Mick's. He must think that being with Beth would undo all the things he did to protect her. If she's with him, he's no better than Coraline in a way: he's condemning her to an unnatural life. I think he changed his mind over the course of the show, but I definitely think he felt that way at the end of Fever.
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Oh, alle, they really cannot afford to lose each other, you really have pointed that out in your story. Maybe that is why their love story is so wonderful, because the universe wants them together.. I loved how you had them take care of each other, and showed what it meant for each of them to share this difficult moment.
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

What a lovely way to put it, maggatha--they took care of each other. So true! That's what they always did, isn't it? :hearts: :hug:

Return to “Allegrita's Office”