An Unexpected Gift, rated G

A place for Allegrita's G to PG-13 stories
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: An Unexpected Gift, rated G

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

This was lovely! What a picture you paint! (And I already have my tissue... I just read Red's entry for this challenge! )
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Argh!!! You and Red have totally conspired against my happy Alex vibe.... I MISSSSSS MMMMMMICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what a cool story... he and Josef... what a pair. :heart:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
janicevictoria
Fledgling

Post by janicevictoria »

What a beautiful tale of Mick's parents, Alle. It's so typical of Mick to be watching over them and helping them out just when they needed it the most....Loved it! :hearts:

Thanks to Pinkiepie for my lovely banner
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Alle, this is great! Looking at the gift from Mick's parents' perspective: How genius!! This piece is perfect! Somehow, I can see Mick taking care of his parents, even when they thought he was dead. And through Kostan Enterprises! Pure genius!!! :clapping:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
eris
Sire

Post by eris »

This was such a unique take on the prompt! (and a pretty unique take on Mick's mom and dad, too). It's also totally, believably, in character. Makes me wonder if there weren't a few mysteriously discovered trust funds that popped up over the years. I could imagine them for not only his parents, but Ray, and maybe even a scholarship or something for a certain little blonde who wanted to be a reporter. Quite the possibility you've opened up, Alle.
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

/Passes around Costco size box of tissue to all..../
Alle, so poignant, sweet...loved the toaster fixing...my Dad would fix anything, hubby fixes everything...sons, now with their own homes call Dad, 'Hey, help me figure out how to fix this....'
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
MoonlitRose
Fledgling

Post by MoonlitRose »

Allegrita,

Awwhhh, that was so sweet, and totally something Mick would do ... watch after his family, even though he had to "give them up". :heart: Very clever way for him to give them money, and have them be able to "save face" when accepting it. :ghug: :thumbs:
-MoonlitRose
To view additional Graphic Art by MoonlitRose.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

jenstc2003 wrote:So lovely, Allegrita! I can see Mick doing something like this so easily- and his parents are SO in character for those of their generation as well. Excellent!
Ditto. Can't add much more. Bittersweet and touching, thank you so much. :heart:
fairytoes
Rogue vampire

Post by fairytoes »

That was soooo sweet and touching. And I can imagine Mick doing exactly something like this for his parents! Loved it! :heart: :heart:
Wonderful Banner by Redwinter
Gorgeous Avi by Lilly
Thank you!
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Oh so very Mick Alle. Wonderful stuff. :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
MSJ_sunglasses
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MSJ_sunglasses »

Definitely a Mick gesture, lovely story allegrita. Now his parents can hire a cook to make their toast for them :snicker:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

MickLifeCrisis, glad you already had a tissue...lots of these gift stories provoked a few tears! :hug:

wpgrace, you're right... Mick couldn't have done this without Josef's help. And I'm sorry I rained on your happy Alex vibe... hope it's back in full force now! :hearts:

janicevictoria, yeah--I see Mick as watching his parents go through a rough spot financially, and trying to figure out a way to help them without letting them know. I'm glad it worked for you.

wollstonecraft61, I figure Mick might need a little help with the logistics... and who better to help him out than his best bud? :snicker: I'm so glad you liked the story.

eris, I'm honored that you like my take, and especially that you thought it was in character... and oooooh, you're right--what other little gifts from heaven might there be?! :ysmile:

one.zebra, aww... yeah, my grandpa used to fix the toaster and other small appliances. It's a wonderful habit to teach your kids, and I'm glad your family is continuing the tradition! :thumbs:

MoonlitRose, exactly--Mick wanted to help them without shaming them. And he found a way to do it, with some help.

francis, that's just what I was aiming for - thank you! :hearts:

fairytoes, thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it. :heart:

coco, thank you! :smooch:

MSJ_sunglasses, I'm not sure Arlene could allow someone else to invade her kitchen, but I'm sure they'll find good ways to spend the money... and knowing them, they'll sock a lot of it away, too. They're sensible people with their money.

Thanks again, everyone, for reading and commenting. :biggrin:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Not watching them from heaven at all I'd wager!

Allie this is an amazingly textured piece, I feel like I'm peeking over the back fence of a real couple, the interaction between Mick's parents is that real. How have you possibly done this in only two hours?! Amazing.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Luxe, :blushing: Shucks--I don't know what to say! It took me a little more than two hours, because I was at work and I was distracted by actual job duties. :snicker: But I promise, I didn't start it till after Red announced the challenge, and I posted it about 2 hours and 20 minutes later. I didn't start writing till there was only about an hour left, but once I started writing, it just poured out. It was wonderful--I don't get that kind of inspiration often. Thank you very much! :rose:
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Alle, that was lovely. :hankie:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.

Return to “Allegrita's Office”