Christmas Presence (Short Story) PG-13

A place for Luxe deLuxe's G to PG-13 stories
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Christmas Presence (Short Story) PG-13

Post by redwinter101 »

A year on and this is just as wonderful, Luxe - packed with all the longing and regret and hope and tenderness and difficulty that make Moonlight so very special. This is a perfect evocation of the true spirit of the show and it was fabulous to come back for a seasonal re-read.

Red :rose:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

What a beautiful Moonlight christmas episode..even read in spring! Christmas time can be a pain whether you are alone or not..Mick's memories are so strong, then he put his Christmas moments with little Beth on top, now Christmas must really be hell..unless he is given another chance!
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I've decided to read a Christmas story every day, in honor of the season. And I'm so happy to have picked this one. It brings back what I loved so much in the early episodes: Mick's yearning for the warmth of humanity, and his competing fear of being discovered for the monster he felt he was. Christmas was such a cold and lonely time for him. (But I'm glad he wore those red pajama bottoms to mark the season.) :laugh:

And now, the little girl that was has become a woman who is about to break him out of his lonely existence. There's so much possibility and hope in this story, despite the sad tone. Merry Christmas, Mick! :rose:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

I'm glad this story got bumped this, Luxe. Going through life alone is hard enough, but it's worse at the holidays. Your story is one of hope that perhaps something good will come out of tragedy. While an old and comforting relationship had to end, another one may yet begin.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Lovely. Just lovely.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Allie! Darkstar! Librarian! :ghug:

Thank you all for the re read and kind words. I'd totally forgotten about this one. I hope life is treating you all well and that you're all continuing with your writing. I told Allie recently that this place is still special me. It provides a touchstone I don't know quite how to explain. I'm very glad you're all still here. Merry Christmas my friends!
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

This wistful story with a happy ending was just what I needed on this December evening. :wreath: :tree:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

allegrita wrote:This wistful story with a happy ending was just what I needed on this December evening. :wreath: :tree:
Thanks Alle :smooch:
This ones a blast from the past.
Wishing you and your family all the joy of the season and a happy and safe new year.
Luxe xxx
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

When I first saw this, I thought it was current and not 10 years old. But I enjoyed reading it nonetheless. Thank you.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Somehow, this story's feelings of loneliness and nostalgia ring especially true after a couple years of Covid-necessitated separation. :Mickangel: And, just as Mick sees a glimmer of hope for a happier time ahead when he sees Beth's BuzzWire news story, we are finally seeing real hope for a return to togetherness and joy at Christmastime and throughout the year. I'm so glad I picked this gem out of the list for a reread! :heart:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

All these years, and I don't think I have ever read this story before! I agree with what Alle said, and I love that sliver of hope Mick has at the end. A beautiful story.

I also agree with those who commented that Moonlight should have had a Christmas episode.

And I like to think that "after the door closed," Mick and Beth would one day recall when she used to whisper to him through her window. :hearts:

Thanks for bumping this, Alle!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

This was so moving!! Mick has to be one of the loneliest people!!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

It's been so long since I read this story, it was almost like getting the chance to read it again for the first time! I so love Mick's family memories, so detailed and vivid. And it's wonderful to feel that sudden hope at the end.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Alle, MLC and Shadow… what a lovely Christmas gift from you all. This is how it makes me feel :heart:

Wishing each of you and your families and the wider Moonlightaholic family the best Christmas ever. May we all support one another and do what we can to overcome the pandemic so that coming together in future years isn’t so fraught.

Return to “Luxe deLuxe's Office”